Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by TVbandit This message was authored by: TVbandit

Sky stream not working all day.

Sky stream puck is not working all day Friday.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nikkipender719 wrote:

I've tried both hard reset and the steps sky have given me many times. Stuck on the pin page, I'm in Cannock WS11 so maybe this is being sorted by area 

@Nikkipender719  Sky have said that if you are asked for a PIN during the recovery process to ignore it and simply unplug your Glass or Puck.  When you plug it back in again it will reboot  circumventing the need to enter the PIN.  Give it a try, it worked for me.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Droichead This message was authored by: Droichead

Mine won't turn off now to ignore the PIN message.

I've just signed up, I'm sorry I bothered now.

This message was authored by amelb8 This message was authored by: amelb8

I've just tried the hard reset again and it's worked this time (after many frustrating attempts last night) – hopefully it's the same for everyone else 🤞

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Paul+Dray wrote:

On a serious note, I'm not actually sure how they are going to be able to fix this over the air as the puck is essentially caught in a continuous loop of coming out of standby to show startup logo and then switching to standby for a brief time and repeat.. Sky sending an update command (when they finally fix it) will have to catch it at the right time one presumes 

If an operating system isn't booting then by definition it's not possible to push a fix to it because there's nothing to connect with*.  The options are the user manually initiating a recovery procedure, or a hardware swap-out.

*which is why serious hardware has a separate OS embedded in silicon.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Eastender This message was authored by: Eastender

Mine still will not go to red still stays white

This message was authored by James1616 This message was authored by: James1616

Sky glass not working

Sky glass hasn't been working for the last 24 hours.  I've tried all the advice, even changed the batteries in the remote and still have a black screen. 

I've also tried to speak to someone via phone and keep getting cut off.

Does anyone have any answers? Will we get refunded for no service?

This message was authored by Lesley07 This message was authored by: Lesley07

Hi 

I have tried what as been said but it is not working . I can't get past the network set up page . It keeps saying there is a problem with my broad band when there isn't .  I've turned my broad band on and off it makes no difference. So I have had no TV since last night . Please any suggestions 

This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

Is it just me, but has the mysky login page gone completely dead?  No links work on any browser or device.

It SAYS I'm logged in, but the activation page just does not open.

Anyone else get the feeling Sky have been hacked?

Suspect this will make the TV news, not that I'll be able to watch it...🙄

This message was authored by 75jim75 This message was authored by: 75jim75

So I followed the reset instructions for my puck and got as far as the PIN page.  Have tried the last four digits of my phone number as instructed on screen, tried the pin I had set before the outage, tried the Forgot your pin and changed it ... that didnt work. Stuck here now. Nimber of pin attempts stays at zero.

This message was authored by Curiosity2 This message was authored by: Curiosity2

I got the same reply from sky too and still it doesn't work

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky glass not working

@James1616   I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue, a new thread isn't required.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Nicola3003 This message was authored by: Nicola3003

I held my power button in for 20 seconds then turned on the plug until the red light flashed quickly then it updated and came on, it took about 10 mins to update and reinstall 

This message was authored by 3star This message was authored by: 3star

My sky stream is not working

My sky stream is not working since yesterday. Sky says there is issue outage. Is anyone else having same problem and how can I fix 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@75jim75 wrote:

So I followed the reset instructions for my puck and got as far as the PIN page.  Have tried the last four digits of my phone number as instructed on screen, tried the pin I had set before the outage, tried the Forgot your pin and changed it ... that didnt work. Stuck here now. Nimber of pin attempts stays at zero.

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Power off your puck, leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many today having a pin issue.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion