Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Robnet This message was authored by: Robnet

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Hi, my sky glass TV will not power up, when you switch it on the red standby light comes on and just flashes very slowly, we have tried everything and nothing, this has been going on from about 4pm 19/09/2024, we tried again this morning and nothing, same red light flashing but will not start up.

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

Been on hold twice now for over an hour and NOTHING so regret coming off Q box

This message was authored by Symonsmark This message was authored by: Symonsmark

Changed PIN but keeps saying Incorrect PIN- ATTEMPT 0 OF 3

I had to reset puck. Downloaded software updates. Put pin in  Incorrect PIN. Went through forgot PIN but new PIN gives Incorrect PIN attempt 0 of 3.

This message was authored by HP98 This message was authored by: HP98

my sky glass TV still not working since yesterday, even after resetting! just red flashing light 

This message was authored by Mags17 This message was authored by: Mags17

No sky stream all day when will it be fixed

On turning tv on this morning no Sky, 5 hours later still no Sky 

This message was authored by Kubes This message was authored by: Kubes

Re: Changed PIN but keeps saying Incorrect PIN- ATTEMPT 0 OF 3

Same issue here. Rest sky stream as per guidance but it gets stuck in an incorrect pin loop irrespective of changing your pin and always says 0 of 3 attempts

This message was authored by Gemzrox20126 This message was authored by: Gemzrox20126

Re: Sky stream still not working

Same! Nothing for 2 days now. No response from Sky on live chat. Paying £60+ a month for this service and can't even use it now. Not impressed.

This message was authored by Lewiam This message was authored by: Lewiam

Try going to the website in private browsing or clear your cookies/cache. Seems the Sky website has an issue with you going to the activate URL if you're signed in. Another thing that probably didn't have robust UAT testing 🙄

This message was authored by sweeperchris This message was authored by: sweeperchris

Update on my prior post,got Sky glass working by doing the "hard" reset.

Turn off and unplug, then after say 5 minutes, this will allow ALL power to have dissipated.

Then plug in press and hold the tv on/ off button and then turn on plug at the mains.

Hold power button until red standby light flashes RAPIDLY, this took 30 seconds on my sky glass.

TV then went through update process.

What a Ballachulish.

Hope this works for you guys. 

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

Re: Sky stream still not working

Oh know! Mine worked until this morning. 

This message was authored by Northolt55 This message was authored by: Northolt55

Re: No sky stream all day when will it be fixed

Am I right in thinking that most of us STILL not able to get sky glass from main device 

and impossible to get hold of any live chat or god forbid a human voice 

This message was authored by James+armer This message was authored by: James+armer

Anyone still having problems trying to get onto the sky.com/activate website ?? 

This message was authored by Gemzrox20126 This message was authored by: Gemzrox20126

Re: No sky stream all day when will it be fixed

@Northolt55  Yes, sadly!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need to follow the instructions in the post that is marked as answer in this thread.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith  Tried this but still not working.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion