Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by clyde666 This message was authored by: clyde666

Re: My sky stream keep saying no video and keeps restarting itself over and over then just keeps sa

It's been like this since 4pm yesterday there is a problem apparently with the power on the pucks and no end time given, I can't imagine they will bother to work on it through the night! Oh but they've informed us that we can still watch sky go! Great if you have a smart Tv which I don't. Bet a refund won't be forthcoming either.

This message was authored by Adam2000 This message was authored by: Adam2000

Sky puck

Sky glass is working but not sky puck.
This message was authored by ZB007 This message was authored by: ZB007

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

How odd, I posted a summary of the most likely underlying causes from a technical perspective and from prior research of how Sky delivers IPTV content.  I work in a  senior IT infrastructure role with a particular emphasis on cloud based content delivery.  I also stated that it appears that Sky either does not have a failure-over on demand solution, or they do and have discovered it does not work.  With a customer base as large as Sky you would expect that network infrastructure at Sky or its third parties would have a failover on demand solution to avoid outages such as this. I also discussed other potential causes including coordinated DDOS attacks on the front end or backend service delivery solutions for streaming and DRM may be the cause.  Other suggested outages such as critical hardware failure in Skys network, data centre outage or even accidental fibre optic cable damage. 

Suddenly my post wasn't available to view.  I don't think it's unreasonable to make some guess work on the causes because of the general lack of transparency at Sky.  I think of particular importance is to be open and discuss how a failure of this magnitude can happen when you should expect as a customer that failure over solutions should be in place and tested for situations like this.  Perhaps my post hit a nerve that Sky doesn't like. Meh, Sky always were a bit petty when I used to post under my previous account alias. 

Oh, my original post is back now. Weird! 

Re: My sky stream keep saying no video and keeps restarting itself over and over then just keeps sa

@clyde666 

It really depends on the cause as it may not be a solution requiring a Sky infrastructure fix.  Say for example a critical third party have experienced an outage or some nefarious actor has initiated a distributed denial of service attack, someone has accidentally cut through datacentre fibre optics, failed software or firmware updates....the potential list of causes is long.  But I'm confident there will be teams of network engineers, content delivery partners that will be working through the night to ensure they can reach a workaround or implement a solution asap. 
I've been a Sky customer for 20 years and I think this is by far the worst I've ever seen. 

This message was authored by MrsUtoobi This message was authored by: MrsUtoobi

Re: Sky stream won’t turn on - flashing white light then nada.

Mine is still not powering did all these 

This message was authored by Alexander1995 This message was authored by: Alexander1995

Re: Sky puck

Mine is working fine mate 

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Nearly 4am and thought it would have been resolved by now and but no. Seems stream is a waste of money. Looks like a cancellation for me soon. 

Kinda weird that Glass is working but a lot of Pucks aren't.  Wonder if this could be an issue with puck firmware. 

This message was authored by Sharonk1981 This message was authored by: Sharonk1981

My puck is still not working either

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I've just decided to try again and reboot my puck (even though service status is still saying it's down) and reconnected it to my account and it's working now, fingers crossed it stays on.

@ZB007 ive also been a customer for 20+ years and not had too many problems, we went over to sky glass/stream because of issues with the dish not getting a signal due to massive trees (according to sky) and had a issue with broadband being out for over 2 weeks once due to someone crashing into the green box at the end of the road apparently that was down to openreach and the whole thing had to be replaced, but other than that nothing major.

I've just rebooted my puck (even though my service status still shows as down) and connected it back to my account and so far so good 🤞🏼

So a factory reset fixed it.  I sincerely hope Sky isn't expecting everyone to do that, signing back into all the apps is a pain. I think I'll try clearing my firewall cache then. Reboot my router (my ISP is Virgin 1.2Gb business line)

I reckon this could be a puck software/firmware issue. . 

This message was authored by SB10EHS This message was authored by: SB10EHS

Tv won't turn on led light just flashing red slowly

My sky glass is flashing red but won't turn on, tried recovery process 

There's still an issue in my area according the sky.com service & device checker.  The device doesn't even appear to be able to break out to the internet as per the below. 
What a cluster-**bleep** 

My router /shows that the puck is picking up an IP address from my dhcp range.  The device isn't responding to icmp on the assigned ip address but that's probably disabled by Sky.  The realtime traffic stats show a minimal amount of  tx/rx.  Wonder if Sky are ever going to be transparent about this mess..

IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion