Discussion topic: Sky Glass 2.0

This message was authored by Martin.R This message was authored by: Martin.R

Sky Glass 2.0

I was in my local shopping center and there was a pop-up Sky booth, one of the sales guys approched me and we chatted about Sky glasss.

I asked about a refresh of the TV, he could not say to much but suggested there was a "Glass 2.0" coming early 2024.

Has anybody heard this to?

If you have, can you share any information?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Glass 2.0

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Martin.R  I'd take anything a salesman in a store says with a very large bag of salt.

Sky have not even released any future upgrade plans for Glass or Glass 2.0 so would treat it with sceptism until any such time Sky officially announe any news.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Martin.R  A couple of months ago there was another thread on the forum which discussed what people might like to see if there was ever to be a Glass V2 but there was certainly no suggestion that Sky were planning one. However, Glass is now 2 year old technology so either needs to be updated or scrapped altogether  in favour of concentrating on Stream pucks.  Who knows what they will decide.

Depending on the specification I might be interested in a V2 but only if I was able to trade in my current Glass TV.  It was mooted as a possibility when Glass was first announced but Sky then went very quiet on the subject.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Fothergill1 wrote:

It was mooted as a possibility when Glass was first announced but Sky then went very quiet on the subject.

Exactly, there's been no news from Sky on a V2, I can't see a salesperson knowing of future plans. we both know Sky don't release such info until the time is ready.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Martin.R
Topic Author
This message was authored by Martin.R This message was authored by: Martin.R

I totaly agree, just seems strange to mention it.
If he has stock to clear and he wanted me to buy Glass (I have Sky-Q) why would he even mentioned it?

He could have just said "No current plans".

This message was authored by Warmsley This message was authored by: Warmsley

Sky glass is good but it could be better I hope sky will bring out Sky glass phase 2 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Warmsley,

The only thing wrong with stream is the UI, Shame it can't have the same fundamental features of Sky Q with the same layout!

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion