Discussion topic: Playlist nightmare

This message was authored by MJBC1 This message was authored by: MJBC1

Playlist nightmare

I have never came across such a mess that is Sky Glass.  

Horrendous user interface. Nothing in order. And no matter what I do it remains a muddle!

Shows remain in the order I added them to playlist. I never know if there is a new episode. And I want an info option! Pressing the select button is insufficient. It does not give season or episode info. I wish I could hand this very expensive mistake back! ... I've tried for 10 weeks..hate it.  I've been with Sky since 1992..!!  This is the worse they've ever came up with.

Giving up..turning off and pouring wine!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Playlist nightmare

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MJBC1 The new Entertainment OS thst Glass uses does take some getting used to. There are help videos explaining the features and help articles if you prefer to read see https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-playlist-and-tv-guide-sky-glass

As you use the features they become more useful and should begin to make sense. The Playlist as it opens shows what you added last if you want to see all shows in the category press select on the left hand tile to see all. If you select a programme tile you will see more detail including previous series with a blue line indicating if you have watched that episode. Normally if you want to see the next episode that is the default but you can go back to watch earlier programmes if you want. You can remove whole titles but not individual programmes.

If you really cannot get on with the new system and you have not had Sky Glass for more than a month call Sky and they will switch you to Sky Q if you prefer. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@MJBC1 The new Entertainment OS thst Glass uses does take some getting used to. There are help videos explaining the features and help articles if you prefer to read see https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-playlist-and-tv-guide-sky-glass

As you use the features they become more useful and should begin to make sense. The Playlist as it opens shows what you added last if you want to see all shows in the category press select on the left hand tile to see all. If you select a programme tile you will see more detail including previous series with a blue line indicating if you have watched that episode. Normally if you want to see the next episode that is the default but you can go back to watch earlier programmes if you want. You can remove whole titles but not individual programmes.

If you really cannot get on with the new system and you have not had Sky Glass for more than a month call Sky and they will switch you to Sky Q if you prefer. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MJBC1 wrote:

I've been with Sky since 1992..!!  This is the worse they've ever came up with.

As I've commented repeatedly, Glass was the first product designed and released under Comcast ownership, and is by definition unrelated to the Sky  heritage in satellite television.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
MJBC1
Topic Author
This message was authored by MJBC1 This message was authored by: MJBC1

@Chrisee 

Thanks for reply

Yeah I've done all that from day one. 

It's a horrible set up. In the help article it says that items added should be in alphabetical order..they're not.

It says that in the split categories they will be in order of whatever show has most recent episode release...they're not.

I've noticed from various forums I am not the only one having these issues. 

I have it since Feb so we'll past the date of return. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@MJBC1 you actually are not strictly limited to the cooling off period as under the Cosumer Rights Act you have a right to reject goods or services if they are not fit for purpose. To do that raise a formal complaint with Sky see How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

My own playlist behaves as the Sky piece describes I cannot comment on why your's does not. If your playlist becomes unmanagable there are work rounds other users have suggested including setting up multiple lists for different groups. My own work round is tomuse voice search which works for me.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion