Discussion topic: Playlist Episode tracking issues

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Playlist Episode tracking issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi all 

I am looking for some feedback on episode tracking issues. I have experienced many of these since I had sky glass in 2022. I'm trying to gauge if it's a problem across the board that affects all glass users 

I have experienced 

- total loss of all tracking within a season. For instance I went to watch swat last night (I'm in the middle of season 7) but on my playlist it has defaulted to play episode 1 season 1. 

- only 2-3 episodes shown as viewed.

im not sure if this is happening after a software update or after an amour. Of time has passed since the last viewing.

any feedback would be great 👍 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Playlist Episode tracking issues

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We've had an update on what to expect with part and full watched content.

It's been confirmed that resume points expire after 30 days, so if you're partway through something and leave it over 30 days, we'll forget where you left off. Some streaming apps, seem to store the resume points a lot longer, as some seem to store it indefinitely.

Relating to content watched, we also mark content as 'fully watched' when reaching the end, this helps work out what the next episode should be displayed to customers in the 'Continue Watching Rails'; this is set for 1.5 years. So you should still see the 'Next episode' in the rail for up to 1.5 years, but depends on what else you watch too.

The team will always look at ways to improve the product and have taken the feedback away 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Jporch316  I have the same issues as yourself with tracking of watched eposides resetting as if I've never watched them,if I have something part watched in the continue watching rail and don't finish watching it within 2 weeks or so the blue progress bar will disappear as if I haven't watched any of it.

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for highlighting this issue @Jporch316 

Can you/others help me with more information around the problem?

• The name of the show?
  • The series and episodes that were watched?
  • Glass or Stream?
  • Are you using an app, if so which one?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

@KevNewMedia For me at the minute it's Elsbeth sky witness currently in on s1 ep6 although I've watched the previous 5 eps none are shown as watched, this is happening across both glass and pucks 

……
……
……
……
Jporch316
Topic Author

@KevNewMedia 

In particular its swat at the moment on sky max. On glass and stream 

but to be brutally honest its happened to every show I have playlisted and left unwatched for a few weeks

swat at the moment has no markers on any episode even though I have watched the last 3 seasons on my glass tv and am currently on episode 5 series 7 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Jporch316
Topic Author

Re: Playlist Failure and Pointless Continue Watching Ribbon

@GD1  can you merge this with my thread created today within this forum please 🙏 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

No problem  here, my wife  and myself  have watched  many series  including  swat the equalizer from season 1 right  through to the last episode, manifest  was another  we have watched  to, with  no problem 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Playlist Failure and Pointless Continue Watching Ribbon

@Jporch316  Done

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Jporch316
Topic Author

@peter-marlow+1966 

Have you not had any issues with the playlist losing which episode you are on ? Or the little blue lines underneath the episodes ? 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

No problems  with  my play list, continue  watching, blue line under the episodes  that we have  watched  in easterners  doctors emmerdale, coronation  street, casualty  celebs go dating grimm, everything  is fine, 

55inch sky glass tv  

Gigafast broadband  900mps 

1 puck 

First dates channel 4 blue line at the beginning  q I xl the same call the midwife next episode no blue line yet wheeler dealer blue line near the end 

@peter-marlow+1966 

Does that include any eposides you have watched over 2 weeks ago??

……
……
……
……

All episodes  we have watched  from season  1 on 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@peter-marlow+1966 Wow, your lucky 👍 as the progress bars on anything in my own playlist work correctly for  about 7-10 days or so and then disappear.  This has been happening ever since I joined the Sky Stream platform 2 years ago.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Maybe, as I have had my 55inch  sky glass tv  since November  2021

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion