Discussion topic: Playlist Episode tracking issues

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Playlist Episode tracking issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@peter-marlow+1966 I had Glass from July 2022 but ditched it in December 2023 and moved to Stream.  I had the progress bar issue on both devices 😫.  I've learnt to live with it but would still be pleased to see it working properly.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We've had an update on what to expect with part and full watched content.

It's been confirmed that resume points expire after 30 days, so if you're partway through something and leave it over 30 days, we'll forget where you left off. Some streaming apps, seem to store the resume points a lot longer, as some seem to store it indefinitely.

Relating to content watched, we also mark content as 'fully watched' when reaching the end, this helps work out what the next episode should be displayed to customers in the 'Continue Watching Rails'; this is set for 1.5 years. So you should still see the 'Next episode' in the rail for up to 1.5 years, but depends on what else you watch too.

The team will always look at ways to improve the product and have taken the feedback away 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Thanks for the update @KevNewMedia 

I'm surprised to hear that the fully watched episodes stay marked for 1.5 years but I will see shortly as I have both Taskmaster and All Creatures Great & Small in my playlist and both have new series starts in a few days.  Hopefully they will re-appear in my CW list.

The fact that fully watched programmes in your playlist only show the progress bars for a few weeks is a problem.  Unless it reappears in your CW rail you don't know that a new series has started.

Jporch316
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@KevNewMedia 

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and give a definitive answer ....

i would add that increasing the 30'days episode tracking to somewhere closer to 1.5 years would be a massive advantage (although forever would be even better !) 

im sure the Sky q episode tracking is of a much longer length. 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

I agree the 30

days needs extended.I have slow horses in my playlist season 3 aired in feb which I had watched season 4 started last week and although I appeared at the start of my playlist it hadn't appeared in my continue watching rail until I played season 4 ep 1

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”

@Deedee36  That's a great example of what I was attempting to say in my post above.  I hadn't noticed that a new Series of the excellent Slow Horses had started.

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Fothergill1 hopefully @KevNewMedia can confirm if they way we think it should work is correct 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Deedee36 wrote:

I agree the 30

days needs extended.I have slow horses in my playlist season 3 aired in feb which I had watched season 4 started last week and although I appeared at the start of my playlist it hadn't appeared in my continue watching rail until I played season 4 ep 1

Same, except it was around March/April time I caught up on slow horses and binged through seasons 1-3 together.

I saw season 4 had started because it moved to the top of my playlist but it really should pop up on the CW rail.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Dane1981 This message was authored by: Dane1981

I have had the same issue with Sky Glass, got it when it first came out and the progress bar/cw rail stopped working after a year.

We watched 3 episodes of sSweetpea yesterday and started 10 minutes of episode 4 and today it's like I have never watched it and it's like that that for every single tv show. The following day every programme shows as if we have never watched it.

I don't know Sky can't resolve the problem to have working like Netflix, Prime or Disney.

It's quite pathetic that they can't resolve it.

I've had issues with Sky Glass ever about about a year of having it. I got it in December 2021 and roughly a year later the blue progress bar stopped working for a all programmes. We started watching Sweetpea yesterday got into the 3 episode by 10 to 15 minutes and today it's like we have never watched it.

It gets very frustrating as it's like it resets everyday. 

I don't know why Sky can't resolve the problem and have the feature work like other companies/apps Netflix, Prime and Disney.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Dane1981 wrote:

I've had issues with Sky Glass ever about about a year of having it. I got it in December 2021 and roughly a year later the blue progress bar stopped working for a all programmes. We started watching Sweetpea yesterday got into the 3 episode by 10 to 15 minutes and today it's like we have never watched it.

It gets very frustrating as it's like it resets everyday. 

I don't know why Sky can't resolve the problem and have the feature work like other companies/apps Netflix, Prime and Disney.

It's worth noting that the CW rail and progress tracking is more complex on Skys system than an individual streaming app as Sky need to be able to integrate into each streaming providers app to gain that information (some providers like Disney + don't even allow Sky to do that currently). It's partly the reason why issues with the CW rail ( and their are quite a few) aren't that quick or easy to solve due to the complexity the system has to have.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

I get that but surely a company like Sky could get it working for their programmes/channels after two years of it not working.

I might sceptical but it seems they have you in a contract and don't seem to care too much about the customer service or resolving the issues. 

For example I was sold Sky Glass in a Sky  store and I questioned if my broadband speed would be fast enough to cope with the a Sky Glass TV and 3 pucks. The Sky employee told me I would have no issues what so ever, needless to say it was shocking. I managed to get out of contract as they were not providing the service I was paying for.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion