Discussion topic: Moved home, regional channels not changed

This message was authored by Ramanujan1729 This message was authored by: Ramanujan1729

Moved home, regional channels not changed

I recently moved home from Wales to Yorkshire and managed to change the address on my Sky Glass account through customer service (at the second attempt). However, my regional channels are still stuck on Wales even though the postcode on my account is now Yorkshire. I changed it a couple of weeks ago, and they said it would take 48hours to change region. I've tried doing a full factory reset, but that hasn't worked. Any suggestions on how I can get the regional channels for my new address. (I'm aware you can get the various bbc regions, but I want default channels to be the correct region as you can't select itv region which is stuck on Wales, and I have S4C in 104 instead of channel 4). Any help anyone?

Sky Glass 65”

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Moved home, regional channels not changed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ramanujan1729  This thread along with another has been flagged to sky to see if there is an underlying issue that needs fixing 

will update here if they respond 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @Ramanujan1729 

I would advise to contact Sky again and report that you are still getting the wrong region. 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
Ramanujan1729
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ramanujan1729 This message was authored by: Ramanujan1729

Thanks Tim,

I have now done that, and they said that the address has been updated their end so that it must be a broadcast issue, as not all regions are broadcast via streaming, and I'll just have to wait and it will update in time. I explained that Yorkshire does have a regional broadcast because I can search for it, but just want it to be my default, but he said there is nothing they can do and I will have to wait for a software update. 

Doesn't seem quite right to me, but I'm not calling again and will just wait and hopefully one day I'll be able to watch local news and weather, instead of what happening in Wales 300 miles away. Lol. 

Sky Glass 65”
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Ramanujan1729  All bbc and itv regions should be available on glass now

does the current address show correctly on your online account 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ramanujan1729 wrote:

it must be a broadcast issue, as not all regions are broadcast via streaming,

That's certainly not correct for the C4/S4C EPG slots.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Ramanujan1729
Topic Author

Yes my address is shown correctly on my online account. So I don't know what's going on, I'll just have to hope that at some point it changes. I could set up favourites, but that would only help with BBC channels, I'll still be stuck with itv wales and S4C/ channel 4 being in the wrong epg positions. 

never mind I'm sure it will get there eventually. If it's still not sorted in say another few weeks I'll try and call sky again, but it's really a hassle for something that should be automatic. 

Sky Glass 65”
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Ramanujan1729  This thread along with another has been flagged to sky to see if there is an underlying issue that needs fixing 

will update here if they respond 

Ramanujan1729
Topic Author

Thanks @SKY1992bf   

Hopefully something will get sorted. 

Sky Glass 65”
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

For your information all of the ITV a channels are available to watch on stream but are hidden from the EPG. Try entering channel 8022 onwards, ie 8023,8024..... you will find them all 

Ramanujan1729
Topic Author

@Anonymous that doesn't work on Sky Glass, I tried it. Channel numbers only go up to 969 on glass. If you try typing any higher it says channel unavailable. 

Thanks for the suggestion though. You can do it while watching another channel and it changes to itv1, but there is no way of knowing which region it is and you can't add it to favourites. 

So while it means you can get them I'd really like to to have regional channels on 101, 102, 103 etc right at the top of the epg. 

Sky Glass 65”
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Just go through them when the regional news is on. One take a minute 

Ramanujan1729
Topic Author

Well yeah I could, but it's beside the point, I should have my regions on 101, 102, 103 etc. They should have updated when I changed my address. That's my issue, I know I can get regions if I go searching for them, but they should be available as my first option. 

Thanks for being so helpful, I know I'm being picky, but for the price you pay for Sky glass, it should be right and easy to use. 

Your input is much appreciated though. 

Sky Glass 65”
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Ramanujan1729 Sky have got back to us and asked that we escalate your post as this is a rare but known issue. Sky should be in touch offering an online chat through the forum where a chat button will appear. Hopefully they can sort it for you.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Ramanujan1729
Topic Author

Thanks @Chrisee   

That's really great, I'll wait for the chat and let you know how I get on. 

Sky Glass 65”
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Ramanujan1729.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion