Discussion topic: Missing channels

This message was authored by Happymummy04 This message was authored by: Happymummy04

Missing channels

I really want to buy sky glass but I love to watch many of the religious channels like God TV, TBN and Revelation TV . But I've been told that they're not available on sky glass. Can anyone verify this please? Thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Missing channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Happymummy04 wrote:

That's what I have now. 

@Happymummy04 

Many people move to Glass or Stream in the belief it is an upgrade.  It is not, it is simply an alternative way of getting Sky if you can't, or don't want, a satellite dish.

Having read this thread and noted your posts, I would suggest that Sky Q is currently a better platform for your requirements.  This may change in due course as streaming will undoubtedly be the future of TV watching.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

This message was authored by LikeADragon This message was authored by: LikeADragon

Unfortunately, yes. Sky Glass (& Stream) doesn't have all the channels that Sky Q has. At least not yet. I don't know if Sky will ever add the remaining channels

Happymummy04
Topic Author
This message was authored by Happymummy04 This message was authored by: Happymummy04

Thanks. I'm pleased that I've not wasted my money on sky glass. 

Happymummy04
Topic Author

Thanks for this. It looks like all my the channels I like are not available. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

There are more channels being added semi regularly - the great movies and tv channels have recently been added 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by LikeADragon This message was authored by: LikeADragon

That's more than okay! Sky Glass isn't for everyone 🙂 Can I just ask, are these paying channels?

Happymummy04
Topic Author

I don't think so. They're available free elsewhere. 

Okay, and currently what TV service do you use, Sky Q/+HD?

@Happymummy04 

If you have Sky+HD, you could still get Sky Glass and have the HD box connected to the Glass TV and use the box when you want to watch channels that aren't on Sky Glass

This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

@LikeADragon you cannot have both a Sky Glass and a Sky+ subscription active at the same address.

It would only work if the Sky+ box still works as Freesat from Sky and the required channels are free on that service.

Hopefully someone will confirm if that is the case once a Glass subscription becomes active.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@martswain wrote:

It would only work if the Sky+ box still works as Freesat from Sky 

A free-to-air satellite receiver rather than 'Freesat from Sky'

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

They have certainly added a lot of channels over the last year but there is still a hefty chunk of international, religious and shopping channels missing and a couple of the main Sports channels.

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

Personally I found  apart from great tv (which you know get) and 1 or 2 music chaneels there is nothing else missing and the channels/epg is alot tidier on Glass. 

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@slaters 

Haha i want VIAPLAY and a religious channel but like i said a lot lot better

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion