Discussion topic: Is Sky Glass controllable from your mobile phone?

This message was authored by Reddogwoman This message was authored by: Reddogwoman

Is Sky Glass controllable from your mobile phone?

My Dad has sky tv but cannot understand the process of choosing the channels he wants to watch as he is 94 and has dementia. I've heard that if I get him a sky glass TV I could remotely control it for him from my phone. Is this true?

TV these days is not dementia friendly as even if he uses freeview the process of selecting channels can be confusing.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Is Sky Glass controllable from your mobile phone?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Reddogwoman wrote:

My Dad has sky tv but cannot understand the process of choosing the channels he wants to watch as he is 94 and has dementia. I've heard that if I get him a sky glass TV I could remotely control it for him from my phone. Is this true?

TV these days is not dementia friendly as even if he uses freeview the process of selecting channels can be confusing.

I'm not aware of such an app that can control Glass directly.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Is Sky Glass controllable from your mobile phone?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Reddogwoman wrote:

Glass/Stream is worse in that respect because the Home page is crammed full of other content, with the actual channel list not visible.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion