Discussion topic: Headphone use for hearing impaired

This message was authored by Al2611 This message was authored by: Al2611

Headphone use for hearing impaired

Aged mother in law is hearing impaired and I am trying to find a solution where she can watch sky glass along with us without jacking the volume so high that we entertain the whole street.

Thought the new Bluetooth functionality would help, especially where the banner within setup indicates speakers and/of headset but when I link the new headphones I got her the volume through the speakers is lost.

Any suggestions please.

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Headphone use for hearing impaired

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Al2611  What software version is on the tv 

if it's qs13 you can't do anything about it I'm afraid but if you wait awhile you should soon receive qs14 which will fix this issue 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Al2611  What software version is on the tv 

if it's qs13 you can't do anything about it I'm afraid but if you wait awhile you should soon receive qs14 which will fix this issue 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @Al2611 

The latest software which started rolling out this week has a fix which lets you have both the TV  sound and Bluetooth at the same time.

Update should reach everyone over then next couple weeks.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
Al2611
Topic Author

Thanks @Tim+Adams for prompt responses. Was about to return the headphones as unsuitable for purpose but will hold on to them and wait for the update. 

Al2611
Topic Author

Thank @SKY1992bf . Will wait on update

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion