Discussion topic: Glass Viewing mode sound

This message was authored by StanTheMan73 This message was authored by: StanTheMan73

Glass Viewing mode sound

Was playing around with viewing mode via  ... Menu button while watching Rabbit Hole on Paramount+, and noticed the sound changes too, especially on Music and Movie setting. But there is no way of changing sound on its own? So what's going on? Only settings available are, volume correction and virtual surround sound on / off. 

had SkyQ + 2 Minis with Philips Ambilight 48"

Now SKY GLASS 65" +
3 Pucks

SONY S40R 5.1 surround sound bar
SKY VIP Diamond (20+ Years)

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Glass Viewing mode sound

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StanTheMan73 when Glass was launched it was mentioned that the Auto picture mode would select the best picture and sound for the content shown. I experimented with my own set and thesound mix does change. However you are right there are user controls beyond the bass boost and a way of improving speech. Sky did add picture controls but not sound but have never found out why.

Actually found my TV is still set to Auto which seems to work quite well but YMMV

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by FootPH1 This message was authored by: FootPH1

Re: Glass Viewing mode sound

Two years into Sky having produced Glass I'd have thought an update would have solved this by now. The sound settings for the sport viewing mode are brilliant, but the courts a bit washed it. Having a way to set vivid picture mode with a sports sound mode would be excellent. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion