Discussion topic: Getting rid of audio description!

This message was authored by Glitter-p This message was authored by: Glitter-p

Getting rid of audio description!

This weeks strictly has audio description. Why??  It's unbelievably annoying. We have tried everything to get rid of it but can't. I cannot watch it with the totally annoying commentary. Please help. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Getting rid of audio description!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

How were you watching it? Live on BBC One, or was it via the playlist which would have opened it via iplayer?

your method of watching it will determine how you need to turn off audio description whether it's via the sky setting or BBC Iplayer.

if it was live then you need to press the 3 dots button whilst watching a live channel, scrolling across to audio description then press OK and it will switch it back to off.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

How were you watching it? Live on BBC One, or was it via the playlist which would have opened it via iplayer?

your method of watching it will determine how you need to turn off audio description whether it's via the sky setting or BBC Iplayer.

if it was live then you need to press the 3 dots button whilst watching a live channel, scrolling across to audio description then press OK and it will switch it back to off.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Glitter-p
Topic Author
This message was authored by Glitter-p This message was authored by: Glitter-p

Update. I logged into BBC iPlayer and turned AD on and then off there. It seems to have worked!!  Thank goodness. 

This message was authored by Skyfall1 This message was authored by: Skyfall1

I have a panasonic tv when I watch movies 24 I get voice over

I have panasonic tv when I'm watching movies 24 I get voice over don't know how to turn it of

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion