Discussion topic: Geo location servers - issues with incorrect IP location

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Geo location servers - issues with incorrect IP location

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@adrian18 - if on one of your devices connected to your network you browse to the iplocation.net website, it will tell you your ip address and which location that IP address is based from.

What tends to happen is that due to a shortage of UK based IPs, a number of ISPs may grant you a non-UK based IP, which will prevent the Sky services from working for UK customers.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

@adrian18 Thank you! I've escalated your post to one of our Community Messaging agents who will invite you to a private conversation here on the Community, look out for the chat bubble appearing on your screen, for more information on Community Messaging you can click here.

We need a private chat to access your account, and for you to send us the IP address 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @adrian18 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @adrian18 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

This message was authored by Marcusarelius This message was authored by: Marcusarelius

Hi,

I have the same issue. I am with full fibre with a static IP address and get the Failed location check when downloading content. I have already contacted my internet provider, and still waiting for a response

Can someone contact me to whitelist my ip address please?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Marcusarelius following the previous solution for customer's with similar issues I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Marcusarelius to chat.

This message was authored by Jackie662 This message was authored by: Jackie662

i have an issue that my sky box was firstly installed while living in Guernsey, Channel Islands.  How can i arrange a new box or even an engineer to visit.  My husband died in September and i'm still getting news and weather from Guernsey which is what i dont want.  Im in Manchester.  

Im interested in my current new location news and weather.

Please help.

Thanks

This message was authored by Jackie662 This message was authored by: Jackie662

yes.

ive change to sky with broadband tv and mobile.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Jackie662 

Welcome to the Sky Community 😀

I'm sorry to hear of your husband passing and that your regional news and weather isn't up-to-date.

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team, and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Jackie662 an invite to chat.

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Jackie662 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

This message was authored by harveypod This message was authored by: harveypod

Good afternoon

We have just switched to WessexInternet total fibre and are getting download location failed. I have check my IP address and see this so do not understand why the location is not working.

harveypod_1-1721398439868.png

There's no agents availble on sky help today either.....

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@harveypod wrote:

Good afternoon

We have just switched to WessexInternet total fibre and are getting download location failed. I have check my IP address and see this so do not understand why the location is not working.

harveypod_1-1721398439868.png

There's no agents availble on sky help today either.....

Correct - the Sky Call Centre is being affected by the global IT systems being widely reported.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by harveypod This message was authored by: harveypod

Did cross my mind that it could also be part of the problem as we onboarded today

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion