Discussion topic: Every time i change channels the subtitles turn back on . How can i get subtitles only when i ask fo

This message was authored by Davidt42 This message was authored by: Davidt42

Every time i change channels the subtitles turn back on . How can i get subtitles only when i ask fo

Whenever I change channel the subtitles turn on. I've used all the options to turn them off they all work but when I change channel they come back on! Help!

Best Answers
This message was authored by paulamrsdean This message was authored by: paulamrsdean Answer

Re: Every time i change channels the subtitles turn back on . How can i get subtitles only when i as

You need to go into settings.  Accessibility and turn it off there.  We had the same problem for ages and it was driving me mad.. this sorted it..

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Davidt42
Topic Author

Re: Every time i change channels the subtitles turn back on . How can i get subtitles only when i as

Should this is Sky glass.

Davidt42
Topic Author

That should read add sky glass

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Davidt42 assuming you have turned off subtitles in the Settings menu's Accessibility section and have powered down the set by unplugging the mains for 30 seconds and the issue continues call Sky as it is a fault.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Davidt42
Topic Author

@Chrisee Thanks for that, I tried your suggestion of turning off in Accsesibility but still had subtitles on, tuned to Netflix, turned  subtitles to English from English with subtitles in Netflix and it worked.

This message was authored by mudzvova This message was authored by: mudzvova

I have had this issues for ages now and still no solution. I have tried the Settings/Accessebility route and still they come back on. Will Sky please help, thanks.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mudzvova 

You have posted this issue on both the Sky Glass and Sky Q boards so which platform are you actually using? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by mudzvova This message was authored by: mudzvova

@Daniel0210  Sky Q

Davidt42
Topic Author

I am using sky glass

This message was authored by HannahB2 This message was authored by: HannahB2

We have sky glass and have the same issue 

This message was authored by paulamrsdean This message was authored by: paulamrsdean Answer

You need to go into settings.  Accessibility and turn it off there.  We had the same problem for ages and it was driving me mad.. this sorted it..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion