Discussion topic: Disney plus error code 73 on sky glass

This message was authored by Acarr1048 This message was authored by: Acarr1048

Disney plus error code 73 on sky glass

IMG_3332.jpeg

Over the last two days I have had error code 73 on the Disney plus app on sky glass. 
I have refreshed all apps, factory reset on sky glass and reset sky broadband hub and nothing is resolving the issue. 
Disney+ is purchased direct with Disney and works on other devises iPad/iPhone. 
many one had any similar issues .

Attached image for reference 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Disney plus error code 73 on sky glass

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Acarr1048 

Have you had a previous Disney login on the device ?

if so try logging in with the previous details until it tells you they are incorrect then try with the new login 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Terrilou83 This message was authored by: Terrilou83

Hi I have the same issue, rang Disney + they said they can't fix it & rang sky & they said they don't know what to do it's down to Disney+. Has yours come back? 

IMG_0861.jpeg

Acarr1048
Topic Author
This message was authored by Acarr1048 This message was authored by: Acarr1048

@Terrilou83 it comes and goes i might get lucky and the app will work for a couple of hours but then nothing for days. Only an issue using through sky glass. The Disney+ app works fine on all my other devices. 

This message was authored by Terrilou83 This message was authored by: Terrilou83

Mine was caused by my internet crashing too many times in a short space of time that it had created too many ip address and my app could cope. So I had to switch my router off for several hours & switch back on & it worked. 

This message was authored by Tel4872 This message was authored by: Tel4872

I'm getting the same message on my sky Q box. I've reset my broadband & unplugged the sky box, I've even refreshed the apps, but it's still the same. Disney+ was fine last week??! 

Turn your router off for a few hours. Then try & log back in. 

This message was authored by Jjudge This message was authored by: Jjudge

I've had this issue for a few weeks, performed 2 app resets, possibly 5 network resets on the box along with 2 on the sky hub.

Disney support point to sky, however following a call with sky Disney no longer have a support contract with sky so should support the issues themselves.

I suggested that the app needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled to purge what settings the app reset wasn't purging.

This was whilst doing a third app reset on the box, unsure if it was a case of it being removed/added at the backend by sky or if this requires multiple resets to finally purge the cache in the app.

But we removed the Disney link to sky perhaps a week ago but still had error 73, this indicated to me something on the app/box wasn't releasing.

Perhaps it was magical number 3 of resetting the app that did this.

Also just to note I was advised that a couple of minutes is generally long enough to fully reset the apps, seems the 24 hour message is just overkill to ensure they had enough time for slower network speeds.

But I can confirm app reset number 3 and or a combination of diagnostic tests being run by sky forced the app to release whatever was stuck in its settings.

Just adding this post so it hopefully helps other people fix the issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion