Discussion topic: Remote controls

This message was authored by MrJonPace This message was authored by: MrJonPace

Remote controls

I have now been through about 7 remote controls on my 4 Sky Glass/Picks and now all are not working again.

I've tried the twisting technique which has been recognised and new batteries but now only have one working controller in whole house.  I've been refused new remotes recently as well.

At present I can't change channels on my TV and during Olympics this isn't great.  Anything else I can try.  This is becoming a huge frustration.  Sky Glass is great when it works but so often have to reset my TV as it has lines down it and was told it was a software problem. If this is still happening 2 years later and is a software problem why hasn't it been fixed?

Same with remote controls, why are they so poor in quality compared to every other remote.

I'm just so frustrated at the moment with this product 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Remote controls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MrJonPace 

Not sure if you have tried the below 

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1.   Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2.   Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3.   Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.

Replace remote

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
MrJonPace
Topic Author

Unfortunately tried that on a couple of controllers I have knocking about but still not pairing.

As I say filled in form for new remote and got refused.  At present got a TV and a puck which are useless due to the remotes at the mo

Strange how these issues materialise 

i have two glass tvs and 3 pucks and I'm still using the original remotes two and a half years in!

if you want i can escalate your post to the online sky community support team but it's likely they won't contact you until Monday 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

As an interim measure if you have an old sky q remote these can be used to control sky glass 

Also Amazon stock replacement remotes for glass although a bit pricey ....

MrJonPace
Topic Author

I've been trying to find an old one!

MrJonPace
Topic Author

Please do

@MrJonPace 

I have escalated your post keep looking for an invitation to chat on this forum from one of the support team 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @MrJonPace.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

I have had my 55inch  tv  and from  the start and a puck and I am still  using  the same controllers, never had any problems 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion