Discussion topic: Subtitle symbol

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Subtitle symbol

I've raised this issue before but why does the subtitle symbol keep disappearing from sky news(501) and why are subtitles not available on Sky News usually between 01AM and 06AM. I don't suddenly regain my hearing after midnight.

All Replies

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Re: Subtitle symbol

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Anonymous,
I have raised this with the relevant team.
The missing “S” flag on SSN and Sky News has now been investigated and any future programmes that will carry subtitles has the “S” flag applied. We also provide subtitles to Sky News until 0200 on weekdays and any other overnight programming on Sky News will have an “S” flag where subtitles are available, such as pre-recorded programmes and specials such as live overnight election results.
Many thanks,
Dave

Topic Author

Thank you for your help.

Topic Author

Hi, thanks for your efforts but unfortunately the symbol on the TV guide for  Sky News (501) has disappeared again.

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Ok thanks. I'll go back and let them know.

Dave

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi again @Anonymous
I just wanted to let you know that the bug causing this issue has re-occurred, and so the S flag on Sky News and Sky Sports News looks to be missing again on those channels today and tomorrow.
The issue is being monitored and investigated. Thanks again for drawing our attention to it.
Dave

Topic Author

Hi Dave, thanks once again for help. I have always found the sky accessability team very helpful.

I wish the BBC would react as quickly as Sky.

This same issue is an issue I have taken up with the BBC for weeks, they have had no "s" symbol on channels 503  or 504, news and parliament channels. The replies I get acknowledge the issue but cannot give a timeline when it will be sorted.

Thank you once again for taking the time to look into what most would consider a minor issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion