Discussion topic: Seeking Sky+ customers who rely on the Sky+ mobile app

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Seeking Sky+ customers who rely on the Sky+ mobile app

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

We are looking for some Skky+ customers who are unable to upgrade to Sky Q for any reason and who rely on the Sky+ mobile app in order to control the box, browse the planner etc.

The team have some questions they'd like to speak to some of these customers about.

Please let me know in the comments below or by direct message as soon as possible if you'd be happy to chat to us.

Many thanks,

Dave

All Replies

This message was authored by simba+cat This message was authored by: simba+cat

Re: Seeking Sky+ customers who rely on the Sky+ mobile app

hi, I would be happy to help answer any questions as I am a regular user of the sky plus app with my HD box and do not want to change to a sky Q box do feel free to contact me as I find this service vital thank you

DaveAccess
Topic Author
This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Great, thank you.

I will be in touch.

This message was authored by Skyaddict79 This message was authored by: Skyaddict79

Hi there,

I will be very interested to answer any questions I can and I also like using the app and don't particularly want to upgrade. I quite like using the app as it is.

Look forward to hearing from you

Many thanks

This message was authored by Skyaddict79 This message was authored by: Skyaddict79

@@DaveAccess hi there, I'll be very interested to respond to your questions about the app. I myself use it and don't really want to upgrade to be honest.

I will be very  happy to assist in anyway I can.

Kindest regards

DaveAccess
Topic Author

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks @Skyaddict79

I have sent private messages to yourself and @simba+cat 

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@DaveAccess @Just seen your post.  I still have Sky+ and don't want to upgrade.  Always used the app but started having trouble with it and now using Sky Go to set  recordings.  Would very much like to use the Sky+ app again and would be happy to answer any questions.

DaveAccess
Topic Author

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @jewers
I'm afraid this particular piece of research has been completed already, but thank you very much for offering to get involved.
We'll post here if there are any future opportunities to get involved in research or testing, and please always feel free to post general feedback to the forum.
Thanks,
Dave

This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

I moved to sky Q because I was informed sky tech & accessibility teams plus app features were coming. I would like to be involved in what ever is going on please as Q with the plus app accessibility features is a knighmare and plan on leaving sky all together if a suitable answer isn't found soon.  After 20+ years! 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
DaveAccess
Topic Author

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Pogit
Thanks for posting. Can I ask what accessibility or other features you are having trouble with or are awaiting updates on? We'd be keen to understand if there are things you preferred on Sky+, or are having difficulty with on Sky Q.
Many thanks,
Dave

This message was authored by mr.tickle This message was authored by: mr.tickle

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DaveAccess wrote:

Hi @Pogit
Thanks for posting. Can I ask what accessibility or other features you are having trouble with or are awaiting updates on? We'd be keen to understand if there are things you preferred on Sky+, or are having difficulty with on Sky Q.
Many thanks,
Dave

Nothing to do with accessibility, but I'd never consider SkyQ until and unless it's got all the bog-standard features currently missing, such as auto-adding start+end padding minutes to every recording. It's mind-blowing that such basic things are still not yet implemented, all this time after launch.

--
I do not have a sig other than this message. Sky+HD.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

@DaveAccess 

I think we've spoken before.

The features I'm specifically looking for the were on plus but are missing from Q are:

reminders with auto tune
many customers and carers used reminders and auto tune to help people with memory and or fine motor function issues to channel channels throughout a users day enabling them to watch their favourite shows with no input required.

large fonts
Q doesn't have a large font option though if you ask sky on twitter, phone or in store they all say it does.  When asked where they have to admit it doesn't.  (This one reall is basic) 

coloured shorcuts
the shortcut buttons were a massive help to people with fine motor skill problems and tho use using assistive technologies. Making simple common things happen with one button press.

first party remote control & planner app
sky plus had excellent remote control capabilities and planner intergration.  When I was upgraded to Q (and yes I was upgraded the term has now rightly been amended) I was assure many of the features I required were either avalible or on the way (were in testing)  I've been a Q customer for 2 years now and though it has benefits what's missing is more of a problem sadly. 

I know many are annoyed with me for keep bringing this up but trust me if you needed and had these features you wouldn't want to loose them.

I believe it was you who spoke to me when I joined the accessibility program and spent some time assisting me for which I was and am truly great full.  The third party remote is good but I shouldn't have to share my data with third parties or expose my household to their uncensored adverts.  It's was avalible in plus and still clearly works with Q.

none of what I have mentioned is impossible infact most is easy to implement with a little effort and ongoing checks re large font compatibility etc. 

I know a few may cause issues in a multi user households and cannot be easily address to everyone satisfaction without profiles but in that case why not bring out a dedicated accessibilty app that can tell the box to do x y z and recognise if a user is within bluetooth distance.

again i thank you for getting back to me and hope we can move things along in the right direction. 

The executive support team contacted me over the weekend but unfortunately I was unable to take the calls at the time and am expecting a call back tomorrow but it really should need that level of intervention.  Sky plus won awards for its accessibilty feature along time before I ever needed them and to bin them really is shameful. 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by lee9160 This message was authored by: lee9160

Would be willing to help

This message was authored by sarahlee70 This message was authored by: sarahlee70

I wish I'd of seen this before I upgraded to sky Q, I used the sky + app to control my box and browse through programs as my vision is not good enough to see the TV writing. I now can't watch any TV as I can't see to find them.

This message was authored by lee9160 This message was authored by: lee9160

Would be willing to help 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion