Discussion topic: Billions...new series ...NO subtitles...

This message was authored by Whya+Displayname This message was authored by: Whya+Displayname

Billions...new series ...NO subtitles...

The new series of Billions (season 5) started off with subtitles for the first two episodes. Now they have stopped and are no longer labelled as having subtitles.. Why?

The plots on Billions are very complex at times and those will hearing problems, ear damage etc..need accessablitly to follow this program... Who can I write to within the Sky organisation to request that they bring the subs. back to this program.?..   All the listing for Billions on different days are the same, empty of subtitles, I have been recording them all in order to find an episode with subtitles.  If anyone knows where I can view this show with subs please let me know.  (This is not a fault of having the subs turned off at my end by the way).

It is most disappointing that sush a series can give you the taster by supplying the subtitles and then snatch them away once you have got into the show.

What can be done? 

Always striving towards Subtitles for the deaf Sky members. Plus looking for latest news on the Q's sound system which is going to be looked into soon so Sky told me

All Replies

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Re: Billions...new series ...NO subtitles...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Whya+Displayname,

Often times with subtitles the file is uploaded after the original airing, this is because there is time required to manually write up content in subtitles. You could contact our Accessibility team to find out if or when they are planning on adding the subtitles.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author
This message was authored by Whya+Displayname This message was authored by: Whya+Displayname

Chloe... Thank you very much for this swift reply..

I have just written to the Assessablility Team as you kindly suggested...

Have a great weekend...

With thanks again... Cy.

Always striving towards Subtitles for the deaf Sky members. Plus looking for latest news on the Q's sound system which is going to be looked into soon so Sky told me
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Not sure if this helps but there are subtitles on the downloads so you could just download them all instead of recording.

Also bear in mind just because there is currently no S in the synopsis for the next airing/recording doesn't mean there won't be subtitles on your recordings. Sometimes it takes a while for the synopsis to show the S.

There have been a few programmes like that and the S won't show until literally the day it's airing.

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

Thank you ....That is what the Accessability told me to try in a few weeks time.... I have tried it and can see the 'S'  stating episodes have subs...on all...last night on all episodes except 4..... However when I try to access these downloads I get a message stating "You dont have the required subscription to download this program"

I have checked my package and find that I have Sky Go Extra and Sky Entertainment.  

If there is anything else I need as an extra package I am not going to get it as I should not have to pay more just to get subtitles.

The definition of Sky Go Extra is:  Download your favourite shows and watch them anywhere without 3G 4G or Wifi . When you are out and about set to record your show and never miss a thing...

Does this mean that I have to use a phone to book the program to watch on tv and yet cannot do this via my TV? .........Seems a bit  of a 'carry on' to access these subs...lol... 

Perhaps it a case of contacting Sky again and getting them to release shows that I am entitled to via Sky Go Extra?   Complicated or what?  Ha ha... Thanks in advance for any advise I can get on this situation.

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

Additional information on subs using via this community board...

I have just found a section stating that subtitles do not transfere to sky Q when booked to view .

here is an answer to someone trying to access them via this method..

Hi @cynfire52  yeah unfortunately the subtitles dont transfer across. 

Do you not have a HD subscription? All they require to download on the Sky+HD or Q boxes is the Entertainment pack so it sounds like you don't have a HD subscription. 

If you have a Q box you'd be better off setting the default download to SD and then just download all episodes. If you have a Sky+HD box then just select the SD version from the search results.

Sky Go Extra is for downloading on the apps, not the boxes.

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

@ianpaul....yes...you are right...... I  found a way earlier.....There is a way of changing from the Default HD single choice.... using this I have chosen no HD box and it now has subs....  Sky said they would push this program for subs and to keep and eye out for them to appear... Its happened... Brilliant...  It seems I can now access subs within all episodes in non HD format... all except episode 4...  lol..

Thanks to all who have replied on this....   Hopefully I can now smooth view the series..

Episode 4 should have subtitles but you may have to delete the original download, delete from the Deleted section and download a fresh copy of it.

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

@Anonymous  Thank you again for your invalulable help.... I now know how to temporally change the download to non-HP but I did not know you could set it permantly... I will certainly change that setting tonight... Ive not had the Q for very long.... possibilities seem to keep coming...lol..🤗

This message was authored by Hughie12345 This message was authored by: Hughie12345

Agree. Ridicolous no subtitles in all programmes. I blame Sky and its greed for profits. 

This message was authored by BB42UK This message was authored by: BB42UK

New to SkyQ and finding Subtitles totally frustrating on Billions.

In general I feel subtitles are in general frustrating too often.

Whya+Displayname
Topic Author

Totally feeling frustraited for you...The series is very complex to follow... I too used to chase showings at other hours hoping to get subs.... The series has been very rogue in the past years on subs.  I gave up so I would not be stressed over the issue.  In this day and age Sky sould be on its toes to reach out to those who need access to programs to which they have been loyal viewers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion