Discussion topic: Sky Q accessibility control

This message was authored by helensl This message was authored by: helensl

Sky Q accessibility control

My elderly neighbour has had a new Sky Q accessibility remote control sent to her.

She has been registered because of very poor eyesight.

I have set it up to use but there are no large print instructions for use, apart from on the help pages on the sky tv which she cannot navigate due to her eyesight.

I was sent a pdf for the original remote which was big and bold enough to print so she could use her magnifiying glass, I've yet to find anything similar for the accessibility remote, any help would be appreciated.

I feel she's really been let down by accessibility!

All Replies

This message was authored by Kei+M This message was authored by: Kei+M

Re: Sky Q accessibility control

You can print out the webpage guide here:- https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-remotes/buttons-explained-sky-q-access

You might want to up the scaling to increase the size through the print options as outlined below.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 114702.png

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

This message was authored by Elednor This message was authored by: Elednor

Sadly, although that link is exactly what I have been searching for, it no longer leads to the instruction book, just a recursive cycle of choose options with no info.

I'd just like a PDF booklet or at the very least a decent [life sized?] picture of the accessibility remote that I can annotate. Sky Q is totally new to us and there is no online info. He doesn't use a mobile phone. Computer is in a different room to tv and onscreen help is only any good if you know how to get at it, but then it is only temporary. I just want to be able to print things out so he can look, follow, practice and learn and maybe remember. Inclusive and accessible it certainly isn't!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Elednor unfortunately it looks like the accessory remote guide has disappeared. I wonder if @DaveAccess might know if it's still available online?

If anybody still has a copy they downloaded that they could email to me that would be great. 

This message was authored by Sam-R This message was authored by: Sam-R

If you try the link again it should now be working. Thanks very much for raising this with us.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/q-buttons-explained-access

Sam
Community Manager

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Thanks @Sam-R - link works fine.

@Sam-R 

Thank you so much for sorting this out. You have saved me hours today of trying to do this for myself.

Now if someone could manage to do a sort of flow chart, or even just a simple list, of what is where in all the menus for Sky Q that would make me the happiest person on the planet.

Heartening to know that this forum is monitored and issues respondd to so promptly!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion