Discussion topic: Befriending

This message was authored by adnil54 This message was authored by: adnil54

Befriending

Anyone on here know about the befriending?

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Befriending

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, is there anything specific about the befriending programme you are wanting to know?

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
adnil54
Topic Author

Hi Lisa my mum has signed up for this but she got a call on Monday and the person she spoke to asked if they could visit her. She said yes 🙈 which horrified me when she told me. Anyway we found out it must have been a scam.  When they phone do they ask for ID or anything for security reasons a password or something ?? 
Linda

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @adnil54,

This doesn't sound right, when you see this could you pop me a PM?

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by StaceD This message was authored by: StaceD

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi,

Any Sky befriending we do via Time to Care at the moment is only by telephone with very strict safeguarding training and guidance. If you want to PM me with additional information I can investigate for you. 

SD

adnil54
Topic Author

Thanks guys all sorted 

This message was authored by Fudge12345 This message was authored by: Fudge12345

the befriender at sky ring you once a week at the same time they not meeting people its just a phone chat for one hour and you talk about non sky account on the call it self so it can be food tv programmes sport anything you like its a wonderful service has me is disabled anyway and dont have any friends or family so to me this is the call i really look forward to every week the person who i have i get along with which is great its the only company in the uk that does this thank u to all the staff that take part in this service too 

This message was authored by StaceD This message was authored by: StaceD

Posted by a Sky employee

Pleased to hear it's making a positive difference. Our people really love taking part in befriending too. 

SD

This message was authored by Fudge12345 This message was authored by: Fudge12345

yes thats good to hear i know the staff love it thank u 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion