Discussion topic: Sky Sports App content on PC

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Watching Sky Sports+ on PC

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Reg+Giles  No the app required is not available on consoles 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

The app gives greater levels of security than streams on a windows device🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by legoman2608 This message was authored by: legoman2608

I watched what I wanted to watch quite happily on an Android tablet via the Sky Sports app. It just irks me why I can't watch on a larger screen either by using my pc or by casting onto a TV monitor.

This message was authored by legoman2608 This message was authored by: legoman2608

I don't have a console anyway

Thanks for your reply and don't take this the wrong way but

a) I don't see how your response is relevant to my question and

b) I don't understand what you are saying 

This message was authored by Reg+Giles This message was authored by: Reg+Giles

Sorry for any confusion legoman, I was asking for myself as my kids have an Xbox which I could use myself.  I too can't watch SS+ on my pc.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@legoman2608 wrote:

Thanks for your reply and don't take this the wrong way but

a) I don't see how your response is relevant to my question and

b) I don't understand what you are saying 

@legoman2608 In case you are directing your question with respect to my comment ... it is a good idea to quote or direct a question to someone explicitly🤔

Windows devices are notoriously insecure and easily pirated😂🤣😂

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Windows devices are notoriously insecure and easily pirated

Not really true these days: current Windows systems are remarkably secure if run correctly.

What they could lend themselves to would be deliberate screen capture from an app for rebroadcasting online, which Sky is obviously extremely keen to prevent.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by BobbilyBob This message was authored by: BobbilyBob

There's maybe the option of using the Sky Sports App via an android emulator like bluestacks? 

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Windows devices are notoriously insecure and easily pirated

Not really true these days: current Windows systems are remarkably secure if run correctly.

What they could lend themselves to would be deliberate screen capture from an app for rebroadcasting online, which Sky is obviously extremely keen to prevent.

Which how they are easily pirated😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by IanC1963 This message was authored by: IanC1963

Re: Sky Sports App content on PC

I recommend as many as possible to email as above and complain. I have...

"

Hi, just like many other sports fans, I have now realised that EFL matches of your choice, ie watching your own team as opposed to whatever match is on ch 412, cannot be viewed on the Sky Sports desktop app.

I have a Sky HD+ box which I now understand does not have the capacity of Sky Q or Glass set ups to stream, but you do allow it to stream on small hand held devices! Although your publicity has done a great job of hiding this issue and sweeping it under the carpet!

Why have you not made the service available to the desktop app? Is this just a sneaky way to make customers upgrade to a Sky Q box in an underhanded way?

For a number of seasons now iFollow has made streaming possible for EFL club fans with no issue whatsoever and we have got used to that service. So, why is Sky incapable of doing it too? This is a backward step for many fans.

I don’t expect for one minute that you will reply, because you really do not seem to care about your customers, accept to fleece us for more money to upgrade your products. But go ahead and surprise me with a response!"

I won't be holding my breath...

This message was authored by IanC1963 This message was authored by: IanC1963

So we have a Sky auto reply...

"Thank you for your enquiry. We will respond to you within 3 working days of receipt of your email.

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are trademarks of Sky Limited and Sky International AG and are used under licence.

Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075), Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration No. 2340150) and Sky CP Limited (Registration No. 9513259) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of Sky Limited (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 "

Send your emails to viewerr@sky.uk 

This message was authored by Pete107 This message was authored by: Pete107

Re: Cant watch skysports+ championship games on laptop.

Same, trying that today, no success, really poor from sky when your paying for it.....(at a huge cost per month i might add)

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Cant watch skysports+ championship games on laptop.

@Pete107 wrote:

Same, trying that today, no success, really poor from sky when your paying for it.....(at a huge cost per month i might add)

You are paying to watch on Sky Q / Glass /Stream or Sky+, the app access is a free bonus for Moblie phone/tablets

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by WemDMJ This message was authored by: WemDMJ

I tried to watch a Sky+ game yesterday via the Sky mobile app on my iPad.  The stream was constantly frozen. Unwatchable.  My WiFi is full fibre and very fast so I do not see the WiFi as being the problem.   What is going on? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion