Discussion topic: Stream remote completely unresponsive

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Re: Unresponsive Sky Stream remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I would use whichever worked best.

This message was authored by Villa19 This message was authored by: Villa19

Re: Unresponsive Sky Stream remote

Regarding batteries on low message - sky told me take them out and put them back in as the batteries are not at fault - the message is wrong due to software issue they are working on as well as a fix for the remotes going dead 

This message was authored by Mjstrong This message was authored by: Mjstrong

Re: Stream remote completely unresponsive

Oh this just gets better!

the guy on the phone said my replacement would take a couple of days,  I didn't make too much fuss, mainly because when I took out the package, it said I could use Sky Go straight away,  so I logged on with my PS4 -  I assumed I'd be able to watch that way while I wait for a working remote.

however, when I log into sky Go on the PS4 now, I'm told I must purchase the Sky Go Extra package. 

Great! I'll just keep on paying for nothing Sky, don't fret.   

Even more worrying is that I haven't seen any email or text confirmation that I'm being sent a replacement remote yet 🤔

This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

@Mjstrong wrote:

Oh this just gets better!

the guy on the phone said my replacement would take a couple of days,  I didn't make too much fuss, mainly because when I took out the package, it said I could use Sky Go straight away,  so I logged on with my PS4 -  I assumed I'd be able to watch that way while I wait for a working remote.

however, when I log into sky Go on the PS4 now, I'm told I must purchase the Sky Go Extra package. 

Great! I'll just keep on paying for nothing Sky, don't fret.   

Even more worrying is that I haven't seen any email or text confirmation that I'm being sent a replacement remote yet 🤔

My replacement remote only took a few days, I didn't get any email or text to confirm that it had been ordered or that its on hte way

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Mjstrong 

Yeah to use on a PS4 you need to have Sky Glass Whole Home it costs £12 a month. You can use Sky Go free on Mobile/Tablet.

Hope you get a replacement remote soon.

This message was authored by EKnight22 This message was authored by: EKnight22

Recently received 4x stream pucks. 2 of which the remotes are unresponsive. We have changed batteries and followed all instructions but still nothing. Good to know they will probably start working again at some point... meanwhile paying for a service we can't use?.  Disappointed.

This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

@EKnight22 wrote:

Recently received 4x stream pucks. 2 of which the remotes are unresponsive. We have changed batteries and followed all instructions but still nothing. Good to know they will probably start working again at some point... meanwhile paying for a service we can't use?.  Disappointed.

Try holding the remote in both hands and give it a twist, it has brought many remotes back to life.

This message was authored by Leeandceri This message was authored by: Leeandceri

Re: Sky puck remote not working

Looks like I'm the latest person to have a control issue. Only just set the puck up and boom controller stopped. I have also done all your suggestions and still no further.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky puck remote not working

@Leeandceri 

Lots of users have reported that holding the remote in 2 hands and giving it a firm twist has brought the control back from the dead 

the only other options are to ring sky for a replacement

fimd or source or borrow a sky q remote to use with the stream box 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by paddy.brown This message was authored by: paddy.brown

Have a replacement on the way for my broken remote. Twisting the remote seemed to fix it temporarily, for now though!

This message was authored by AndrewHR This message was authored by: AndrewHR

I've had 2 remotes with all the same problems. I just want something reliable. I received a £1 refund when I couldn't watch for 4 days. I'm sure I'm paying more than 25p per day.

This message was authored by charlucy9 This message was authored by: charlucy9

I'm having troubles with my Sky Glass remote too... very intermittent but the right side button isn't working, everything else fine but the right side is unresponsive 70% of the time!

I've tried resetting, changed the batteries etc to no avail 😟😟

This message was authored by 86Dan This message was authored by: 86Dan

When this happened to me for the first time tonight, I did all the usual things like replaced batteries and tried resetting the control but to no avail. Finally I thought that the stream might make a connection to the remote on startup so unplugged the box and plugged it back in, seemed to get ut working.

This message was authored by TEDMOUSE This message was authored by: TEDMOUSE

Received a Stream box a few days ago. Remote seems OK and paired fine to both the box and my TV, except that as soon as I press the volume button I get a low battery warning on the screen. 

I've replaced the batteries with brand new ones but it's the same - everything works fine but as soon as I press the volume up or down the battery warning appears.

Not hugely impressed by the box to be honest. It updated to QS012 overnight but apart from the change in on screen graphics when you change channels there appears to be nothing different. It's still a bit slow compared to my TV apps. I had problems with Prime last night - trying to watch Lord Of The Rings in 4K with Dolby Vision and Atmos and it kept juddering, freezing every few seconds. The audio would continue but the picture wouldn't catch up so it just stayed out of sync.

I switched to the TV app and it played flawlessly in 4K DV/Atmos. Both the TV and the Stream box are connected via ethernet to an unmanaged switch. Wifi is turned off on the box. I get 72MBPS download speed at the router. 

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and try it for a few weeks but if it continues to be like this it'll be going back. 

This message was authored by MikkieWheels This message was authored by: MikkieWheels

I've had the replacement remote today, so far so good have tested all the apps volume etc and cannot get it to stop working.

Delivered next day!

Will keep you updated. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion