kayBate
Topic Author
This message was authored by kayBate This message was authored by: kayBate

Re: help with email

Ok I see what you mean now just browsing through emails thank you 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you have found your recovery email, logout then when you go to login at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code so enter it as 2 step will now be turned off so you can logout again and when you login you will be asked if you want to set it up and you should be asked to enter your phone number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@caesarome wrote:

you will be asked if you want to set it up and you should be asked to enter your phone number.

Personally I would not re-enable it once you get it turned off. That way you can't end up in the same situation again.

kayBate
Topic Author

I know it's been a nightmare 

kayBate
Topic Author

I have been through all the emails and there's no recovery code, for some reason I can only go back till 16th November and when I checked that's the day I spoke to Sky about this problem, so unless I can change my phone number in the on email I think I'm stuck with the problem, I would just like to say you have been really helpfull better than when I rang Sky as they did pass the book and fob me off and promise to ring me back which they never did 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@kayBate I'm sorry to hear that. The alternative you're left with, then is the painful process of contacting Sky, as explained in the section headed 'lost your recovery code....' of their help guide here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/two-step-verif/articles/two-step-verification

If you wish, we can escalate to Sky's messaging team and you may be able to report the problem to them in a private online chat, in the hope that they can help you with the above.

kayBate
Topic Author

Yes please you contacting them may help me quickly 

kayBate
Topic Author

I thought I might be able to change the phone number somewhere, I've changed it on my sky id in the details 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@kayBate OK, I've alerted Sky and a Community adviser may be able to help you via private, online messaging later today. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and a Private Message inviting you to chat online. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates.

Do read here for the detail of how it works:  https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

kayBate
Topic Author

Thank you so much for your help 

kayBate
Topic Author

I still haven't heard anything from Sky 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Unfortunately it looks like the messaging team aren't able to help you with this, so I'm afraid it's a matter of calling Sky. You might want to recite to them what the help guide (linked earlier) says about  lost or forgotten Recovery Codes.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion