Discussion topic: cannot download sky email to email client on pc

This message was authored by vendman This message was authored by: vendman

cannot download sky email to email client on pc

hello ,

I cannot download my sky emails too my email client on my PC, am using windows 10 and emclient version 9. up until 3 weeks ago the service was working perfectly but now itewms will not download, I have tried motzilla thunderbird and enduro but nothing downloads. I can access emails through sky website but want to use my email client. PLEASE HELP

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: cannot download sky email to email client on pc

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Most likely you need to use an app password in place of your normal Sky password for the Sky Yahoo Mail set up in your client.

This explains and provides a link where you can generate an app password: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-mail-from-your-email-app

vendman
Topic Author
This message was authored by vendman This message was authored by: vendman

hi mark,

many thanks for thr reply , i have already tried that was at the end of things to try. have now installed a new email client which works perfectly although does not have the same features as emclient

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

eM Client should work (without the need for a generated password) as it is OAuth compliant. If you prefer it try installing it again, and make sure the account is recognised as a Yahoo one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion