Discussion topic: Hacked email account

This message was authored by mf00123 This message was authored by: mf00123

Hacked email account

My emails have been hacked and deleted. How do I submit a restore request

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Hacked email account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

See Yahoo's help here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2552.html;_ylt=Awr.QL4vcPBlQgQARyNLBQx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNpcjIEcG9zAzEEdnRpZA...

Have you changed your password and checked for any changes to your email settings that a hacker may have made?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you responded to any emails that have been designed to look they have come from Sky, they usually say something like you account needs to be upgraded ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Beckyloubee This message was authored by: Beckyloubee

My email has been hacked too but they've updated the number where the verification code is sent!! Anyone know who to sort this? 

@Beckyloubee all you can do is contact Sky (not Yahoo) but, from previous posts, I'm not confident that they'll be able to fix it for you.

This message was authored by Beckyloubee This message was authored by: Beckyloubee

@Mark39 sky have not been helpful at all, just got off the phone with them. Apparently it's nothing to do with them now I need to contact Yahoo to sort 😩 funny that it's a sky branded screen that comes up when it asks for the code! No idea where to go now as the thieving **bleep** have already used my information elsewhere

@Beckyloubee sorry to hear you're still having problems. Yahoo won't be able to help. They don't have the same 2 step verification process as Sky do and will only refer you back to Sky (I know of at least one post from a customer where that has happened).

My understanding is that Sky does have a team who specifically deal with 2 step verification issues, but their existence may not be well understood by the front line advisers. You could try calling back and asking the adviser you speak to to transfer you to that team. 

This message was authored by yahooskyhack This message was authored by: yahooskyhack

Hi I have the same issue. They are using my email to buy food from Just eat and deliveroo!!!

@yahooskyhack wrote:

Hi I have the same issue. They are using my email to buy food from Just eat and deliveroo!!!

Please can you explain exactly what problem you're having, and what Sky have told you? Many Community members say they have the same problem as someone else, and it turns out to be not quite the same, so it's better that we don't waste your time!

My sky email account has been hacked and they've changed the number for the 2 stage verification so whilst I can change the password I can't get any further as the texts with the verification code are being sent to the person who has hacked the account. I just need to change or remove it so they can no longer gain access. They've caused so much financial damage already so just need to stop them doing anymore. I've called Sky twice and on both occasions they've told me it's not their issue I need to speak to Yahoo, who in turn charge a few to sign up to their support service! 

This message was authored by DMc1977 This message was authored by: DMc1977

I was asked to upgrade the email. Since, all my contacts have been sent an email in my name asking about Amazon- no links included. I have changed my password, deleted all contacts. No more Mail has been sent but all new emails are going straight into my archive folder. How can I change the settings or place a fwd function to another email address and delete this one? 

@DMc1977 wrote:

I was asked to upgrade the email. 

That was a scam. There have been no upgrades to Sky Yahoo Mail. The link in the message urging you to upgrade would have led to a fake login page, where you gave away your username and password to the scammer

If you've now regained control of your account, go to Settongs then  More Settings and look for anything you didn't set up, You should find a Filter which is moving your emails automatically to archive.

This message was authored by DMc1977 This message was authored by: DMc1977

Thank you. I appreciate your reply. I can find the first settings selection but no more selections. 

If you're using a mobile or a tablet, you'll need to turn it to landscape, or use your browser's desktop mode.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion