Discussion topic: All emails going to unread folder

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: All emails going to unread folder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm baffled then, I'm afraid. It's something I've never seen reported before. I can only assume it's a Yahoo glitch of some kind.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@bachgol 

What you are describing is basically impossible. Unread isn't a folder, it is a way of seeing the unread emails that are stored elsewhere.

If you try to move an email into the unread "folder" it isn't possible.

If you can see the emails in unread, they must be in another folder.

I know you appear to be seeing something different, but it makes no sense.

I suspect your account has been compromised, and a filter has been setup that is moving them elsewhere.

Check under Settings - More Settings - Filters and see if any have been set up.

If there is are, then change your password immediately. https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/email

This message was authored by AJAMBERS This message was authored by: AJAMBERS

Did you ever resolve this issue as the same is happening to my Fathers emails, he account I think was hacked so had to ring Sky to unlock, spoke to someone to unlock his sky account and everything worked until today. Emails not working, deleted mail account and error occured then tried setting up new email, had issues then eventually worked but no emails have come through at all. Logged in yahoo mail and all unread messages are not showing in the 'inbox' but are in 'unread'. I am at a loss now

I suspect when the account was compromised (I don't like to say hacked as the scammers are not that capable) a filter has been setup directing the emails to another folder,

Firstly, if you haven't changed the password since the account was unlocked, do that first.

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/email

Then, logged into Sky|Yahoo mail (preferably on a desktop browser, not a mobile) go to Settings - More settings - Filters and remove any you find there.

Also check under Settings - More settings - Mailboxes, select your Sky mailbox and check the Reply-to address hasn't been changed.

Those are the changes the scammers usually make, so after that it should be O.K.

This message was authored by AJAMBERS This message was authored by: AJAMBERS

I have checked the filters and there were a couple which I deleted. Will check the other settings next. Thank you for your help.

Don't forget to change the password (if you haven't already) or they will just gain access again.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion