Discussion topic: Account locked

This message was authored by Clm1 This message was authored by: Clm1

Account locked

I stupidly fell for the update yahoo e mail. I'm usually very good but was distracted. I have now lost my e mail and sky are unable to help me and yahoo tell me it's sky's responsibility. I can't change my password as the account is locked. Sky made me change my user ID to another e mail address.  So therefore I feel the e mail address is lost. I find it hard to believe no one can unlock it for me I have had 3 separate calls lasting between 2-3 hours I can't face it again. Any ideas please. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Account locked

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Did you try resetting your password via the forgotten password link in the Sky.com login page?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Ignoring your email account for a minute @Clm1, can you access your online Sky account or do you see the same account locked message ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Clm1
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't because when I reported it they made me change my user ID which was the hacked e mail, for security, which I understand but it's what I used to sign in on explorer for sky e mails and forgotten password. They tried to use my i cloud e mail as a recovery e mail but that didn't work and obviously I can't access the original e mail to change password, and apparently they can't unlock it. Which I can't quite believe. The hacker had also put another e mail on my sky user ID. Which was removed along with my old e mail address (which was the original sky user ID) hope that makes sense. 

Clm1
Topic Author

Yes I can under the new Sky ID and password. 

@Clm1 this sounds like a bit of a mess. Setting up a new Sky ID and linking your Sky account to it gets round the problem of you having no access to your account details, but isn't a way of resolving the issue with your Sky Yahoo email account. 

Having had the experience myself, ( @caesarome too, I think) I know that Skycan unlock your email account but it has always taken multiple attempts to find an adviser who knows what to do. You may have to persevere, I'm afraid.  Yahoo definitely can't help with this.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Clm1 wrote:

Yes I can under the new Sky ID and password. 

But you can't see your previous ID as you see the account locked message @Clm1 ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Clm1
Topic Author

No can't see clm1 anymore and yahoo keeps telling me to enter a password for the e mail account which I have on my phone. A 'technician tried to help even getting me to sign in on old sky ID but we didn't get anywhere he told me there was nothing else they could do 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Sky having got you to change your I.D. will have complicated things.

If you get the "locked" message when you try to log in here https://www.sky.com/mydetails/sky-id with your original ID (the bit before  the @Sky.com in your email address) then ring up and report that, do not mention email.

One the I.D. is unlocked the email should also work.

P.S. Sorry I accidentally marked you post as the answer temporarily, I clicked the wrong button.

This message was authored by Clm10 This message was authored by: Clm10

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I did call again and did find someone who unlocked it. She used another of my e mail addresses and not the I cloud one which someone had tried to do before.

So I have access. I had another 15 or so different sky e mail scans in there which I reported and deleted. I read on Apple News yesterday that the latest scam is somehow getting premium numbers supposedly for sky help on to Google costing people hundreds. 
my only problem now I have lost any saved mail and everything before the date of the scam. Also any new mail goes straight to the unwanted folder and not the inbox. A minor problem really as I have transferred a lot of companies on to my new e mail but was a bit tricky trying to get in to a show without the tickets I had saved, luckily the venue keep an old fashioned pen and paper list.  hopefully I can rectify the folder issue but have said goodbye to any old e mails. I am seriously thinking of leaving sky though after all this. 

As you can see my ID has changed so I am the same as clm1 but had to rejoin as I have had to revert to my old sky ID in order to get to my e mails. 

@Clm10 Glad Sky managed to sort it out eventually.

You might be able to restore some of your old emails by using Yahoo's restore process here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2552.html

For the emails diverted to your unwanted folder, go to Settings > More Settings > Filters and remove anything there that you didn't set up (you'll need to use desktop mode if you're on a mobile device)

While you're there, check that your 'reply to' email address hasn't been changed.

Thank you I will try these and let you know once again thanks for your help. 

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

To add:

I'd recommend checking the online account for any email filters which may have been set up to forward your emails to another account.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Thank you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion