Discussion topic: upgrading

This message was authored by dawny+donot This message was authored by: dawny+donot

upgrading

I am looking to upgrade my subscription as the current broadband package i am on is not sufficent for working from home, my problem is i cant have fibre as where i live cables cannot be dug in to the ground (rented accomodation) 

does anybody know if i upgrade it will come through the phone line (sky dish, sorry not technical at all)

Thanks Dawn

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: upgrading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dawny+donot 

Sky is not a satellite ISP, so receiving data over their dish is not an option.

Upgrading from ADSL to FTTC or G.fast uses the existing phone wiring.  FTTP always requires a fibre-optic cable all the way inside the property, which typically involves drilling to install.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
dawny+donot
Topic Author
This message was authored by dawny+donot This message was authored by: dawny+donot

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, so if i upgrade to the next package on the list i wouldnt need fibre, it would go through the phone line?

Thanks

Dawn

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dawny+donot 

The situation isn't entirely straightforward because Sky will want to use FTTP if that's available in your area.

If you are currently on ADSL and the only option is Superfast ('up to' 80Mbs) then that's probably over existing copper phone line, but not necessarily.

Ultrafast 1 (150Mbs) can be copper or fibre, while 500Mbs and 'Gigafast' (900Mbs) is always full-fibre (FTTP).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion