Discussion topic: cables

This message was authored by Daniell3 This message was authored by: Daniell3

cables

I have had my broadband delivered and i have no cables with it just the box!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: cables

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daniell3  Is there not a smaller slimmer box beside it that should have all the cables in it. Normally it is white.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Daniell3
Topic Author

there is only one cable it's black with a yellow end 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Daniell3  So what cable are you missing? Does this stop you connecting the router to the internet?

Daniell3
Topic Author

maybe the purple one? i've looked online and you need a purple one? i didn't receive that and yeah i plugged the yellow one in and my wifi doesn't work 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Daniell3 

The box should contain a power cable for the hub and either an Ethernet cable to connect to your Openreach ONT if you order Ultrafast or already have full fibre in your street OR a purple RJ11 cable to connect to your Openreach master telephone socket. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Daniell3
Topic Author

i don't understand, i have my broadband box and it came with a black cable with yellow ends i've plugged it in and my internet still doesn't work? 2 lights are green the wifi one isn't lit up. 

@Daniell3  Did youhave broadband before getting Sky?

Daniell3
Topic Author

no i've just moved into a house so i rang up and ordered broadband with sky a month later it comes and it doesn't work 

@Daniell3  So what is it you are missing in order to get this to work? Which kind of broadband did you order from Sky was it superfast or ultrafast?

This message was authored by Chukwunonso This message was authored by: Chukwunonso

The sky broadband hub was delivered with no cable to connect to the ONT in the property. I need help. I need internet 🛜 in this house. I have a deadline to meet. My activation was days go and I have started using the service😌

This message was authored by Chukwunonso This message was authored by: Chukwunonso

@Chukwunonso wrote:

The sky broadband hub was delivered with no cable to connect to the ONT in the property. I need help. I need internet 🛜 in this house. I have a deadline to meet. My activation was days go and I have started using the service😌

Haven't started using the service. How do connect sky agent directly. Someone help.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Chukwunonso 

ONT to Sky Broadband Hub or Max Hub is a standard Cat5 ethernet cable, widely available in different lengths and colours from numerous sources.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Apparently, you mean I should go an buy another cable? It is what you wanna communicate? I don't even know which is for broadband Signal. What I have on the wall is "Open reach BT group business". What exactly do you suggest?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Chukwunonso you are talking to other customers on the forum not Sky staff

. The suggestion to buy an ethernet cable is a good one if you need to get online quickly but you can call Sky and tgey will get one sent out but thst will take a few days. They cost a few pounds and can be bought at hardware stores or even most larger supermarkets you dont need anything special.

The ONT unit belongs to Openreach who manage the network on its bottom side there is a RJ45 socket the ethernet cable plugs into that and the other end goes into the socket labeleed WAN on the hub. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion