Discussion topic: bad wilfi

This message was authored by michael22001166 This message was authored by: michael22001166

bad wilfi

hello my mother is the the once who got this wifi but has since fallen ill she is unable to remember any of the details due too her alzheimers i am her son and over the age of 18 the wifi is extremly slow and due too me having too work from home, i care for her i really need better wifi i am unable to check any of the account who would i contact to get access too the account the last time i rang up they said they needed her consent but due to her now being now verbal they were unable to help.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: bad wilfi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@michael22001166If you want to check what speed you are getting on the connection you can do this via the router stats. Information is posted below.

Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
michael22001166
Topic Author
This message was authored by michael22001166 This message was authored by: michael22001166

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied. that is the message im getting when i try to post it 

michael22001166
Topic Author

unknown.png

michael22001166
Topic Author

all im trying to do is contact somone too see if i need a engineer out or if its a problem on your side 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@michael22001166  Do you know the login details for the account in order to get into it? Think that this might come under the remit of the accessiblility team.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky-accessibility#get-in-touch 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@michael22001166 you are not talking to Sky by posting in this forum however the forum regulars have a lot of knowledge and we can help.

Your mother has a very old single band hub which is almost certainly part of the issue. Sky will normally replace that for her if asked. The 2.4GHz band thst hub uses is prone to interference but changing the wifi channel see here You could also buy a wifi access point connect thst to the hub by ethernet and switch off the hub's wifi.

Sky will only normally talk to the account holder or someone authorised by them - basically know the phone password - if thst isnt possible due to yourMum's condition contact Sky's accessibility team as advised by @Highlinder .

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion