Discussion topic: Wifi is activated but box not delivered

This message was authored by Yami This message was authored by: Yami

Wifi is activated but box not delivered

Hi, so it it shows that my account and wifi has been activated but the broadband box is not yet delivered or dispatched. So I don't have wifi and the billing month has started.

So I am paying for wifi even when I don't have the router. How will I know when it'll be delivered???

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi is activated but box not delivered

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yami I can see that your post has been escalated to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Yami an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by JDev48 This message was authored by: JDev48

After 2 decades of reasonable service from SKY, I am disgusted.
A month ago, I agreed to sign up to a broadband package - I was promised activation and hub weeks ago.  As nothing arrived, I phoned and was assured it was on its way.  A week later, I called and the advisor said it must have been lost and would send another.  A week later and this one hadn't arrived.  Many calls later, one advisor (after an hour) discovered that you had a fault on your system which would not allow the hub to be delivered.  She said she would speak to the 'back office' to sort it and promised a call back at 3pm on Sat 28th.  No call arrived.
On 29th I called and explained it all again and the advisor promised a call back between 3pm and 4-30 pm that afternoon.  He (Boris) was so concerned that he said he would personally keep close to it and would call me.  As expected, I still have had no call.
One advisor said the 'back office' was still 'looking into it' and that they may have to cancel that order and I !!! would have to call and place a new order.
When my current provider disconnects tomorrow, not only will I have no internet, I will have no phone as there is no signal here.
When I 'signed up' a month ago, you inundated me with documents to agree to.  SKY has not fulfilled its side of the bargain so unless you have it all sorted by tomorrow, I assume you will not be able to provide services, you have broken the contract and you will not take my money.
An apology would be nice - if you actually meant it - and of course compensation, but all I really want is for you to do your job.

I will fill in the next box re contact details - I would have preferred a phone call [removed] but it seems I will no longer have a a wifi option for calls and no 4G/5G available.  Emails and texts will have to do and I will walk a mile into a village in the hope of getting messages.

Moderator note: removed mobile number

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion