Discussion topic: Wifi Issues

This message was authored by Mick081 This message was authored by: Mick081

Wifi Issues

We got Sky wifi fitted last week and to be honest so far had nothing but problems. I started worrying when the engineer first arrived and said he couldn't promise it would work throughout the house which I found very worrying. When he left he said it's all up and running and working fine but can't guarantee that will continue! Since then I would say that the Sky has gone off in the middle of a programme at least 5 times, in the main living room once but the amount of times our mobile phones wifi has gone off and also the kids gaming devices is reall bad, probably 20 plus times. I've been advisefd to ask for sky boosters to boost the wifi within the house to further away areas but really wanted to speak to yoyrselves first to see how we fix this?

Many thanks

Mick

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi Issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mick081 you are not talking to Sky by posting in the forum. You would have to call in to talk to an agent. To get decent Wifi in every room of many homes requires extra kit beyond the basic Sky hub they provide. They sell an add on bundle called WifFi Max which comes with a newer hub and up to 3  extenders if a broadband engineer agrees they are needed, currently that costs £7.50 a month but isnt compatable with Sky Q tv boxes. There is a lower bundle called Broadband Boost at £5 per month which gives a basic booster if youbask for one.

Alternatively you can do as I do myself and many others which was to buy a third party whole home wifi system, turn off the Sky hub's wifi and use my own kit instead. My solution cost me £100 and the three units provide decent speeds (overc200Mb/s) in every room of a 3 level home. Every home is different due to layout, type of construction and level of interference so nothing can be guaranteed.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion