Discussion topic: WiFi dropping in and out for months

This message was authored by Rfp This message was authored by: Rfp

WiFi dropping in and out for months

My WiFi has been dropping in and out everyday about 10 times at least a day since I may/June.

I've recently downloaded the MySky app to see what the problem and it says it's fine , sometimes it says it's bad connection but then it's fine like 5 seconds after. We've restarted the router so it's not that. I've just reconnected one of our sky q boxes so we shall see if that works. And it's not our package cause we have fibre unlimited.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: WiFi dropping in and out for months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rfp wrote:

And it's not our package cause we have fibre unlimited.

I suspect you may be misinterpreting that product name: ' Fibre Unlimited ' is older (now obsolete ) branding for budget FTTC broadband and just as susceptible to line problems as any other copper connection.  It's also not particularly fast: 'Unlimited' was an 'up to' 40/10Mbs service and 'Max' was the higher price 'up to' 80/20Mbs version.

I believe 'unlimited' was intended to designate it as having no download volume limit (which was rarer at the time) : it's distinctly limited in speed.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/10/sky-uk-cuts-fibre-max-price-and-removes-fibre-unlimite... 

If you post your Hub stats, we'll have some information about your particular phone line and internet connection to work with.

Note that it's speed arriving at the Hub which counts against the minimum speed guarantee, not speed test website results on a wireless device.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion