Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

Re: WiFi Max

@cookiemonsteruk @I'd guessed it's computer saying nope, I build these things as part of my job (not sky's I hasten to add) hence reaching out to our community here, unfortunately the Cs reps can only do so much and the escalation in sky's the tricky bit. Thx again 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gilz 

We've been advised that while Boost remains an option for current and new subscribers who don't opt for Max, it isn't possible to revert to or add it once Max has been in place.

I've observed that this isn't particularly helpful: presumably it's something to do with the rather arcane sales processes.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Gilz This message was authored by: Gilz

@TimmyBGood thanks for that! 

So bascially I've been given the wrong information on Monday when I was told boost was no longer available as an option and I had to take Max 🤦🏼‍♀️

Now that I've had and cancelled max, I can't do anything about it. So they've essentially forced me into a third party option. 

This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

@cookiemonsteruk - thought I'd let you know we got to the bottom of why I couldn't add Max.  It was an account issue.  When the team did my manual switch to Sky Stream from Q many months ago they didn't remove the Q kit correctly. One area of the backoffice system it was still linked.  Not only did it prevent adding wifi max but also making any changes to stream / bb as well.  The lady on the complaints handling team looked & found it (admittedily took a little detective work to find it, think saying it was showing in the product checks part of the app helped).  They raised a query with the backoffice team to get it removed and my account checked.  They've done that in lightening fast time for the backoffice team and this evening they've added wifi max.   Theres a potential issue with the sky talk digital voice elements (possible rogue contact us email that the team aren't sure why its been sent) but we've a follow-up tomorrow once the systems settled etc etc as the team can't see anything wrong and the email was timed 1 hr before my actual order time on the cs system but I got it the same time as the order confirmation followed by the change confirmation.  

Moral of the story... if the team in the backoffice have to remove stuff manually from ur account and its not on the normal workflow it can leave ur account in a very interesting state.  

For anyone else who's moved from Q to stream and can't order wifi-max heres how you can see if you have lurking sky q kit... open the my-sky app and go to service checker,  click ur broadband,  on the next screen keep swiping right to see all ur kit,  if q is still lurking it'll show after 'Your streaming TV' it'll show all ur old boxes but the info elements will all show unknown.    It'll need the CS team to rquest the backoffice to remove it before you'll be able to add Max.  The sales teams won't be able to see it so will give weird answers often as to why you can't order. @cookiemonsteruk thanks again for the advice etc.

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by Space-Pirate This message was authored by: Space-Pirate

Sky Max Hub - How to disable WP3?

Hi,

Got my new Sky Max Hub two days ago and looking through the settings on the router page it seems i cant disable WP3 and go back to WP2? Is there a way around this? Why is this a rule? I want to be able to manage my own settings.

"Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage"

I have multiple devices that either cant connect to wifi or are playing up on WP3.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky Max Hub - How to disable WP3?

@Space-Pirate 

Wifi settings are changed via the my sky app. Access wifi settings as below

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/change-wifi-max-hub-settings#:~:text=WiFi%20details%20(WiFi%20name....

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Space-Pirate This message was authored by: Space-Pirate

ok,

Can you take me through how you disable WP3 and go back to WP2 on the MySky app then?

Thanks

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Space-Pirate 

I don't have sky max myself but you should see options for wpa2 and transitional. Choose wpa2 if you have no wpa3 devices

Other than that i'll have to leave this to someone whnd has the max hub

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Thanks but those options arent there for the Sky Max Hub as far as i can see.

Is anyone able to help?

@TimmyBGood 

@jamesn123 

Any ideas on setting up wpa2 devices on the sky max hub. Apparently nothing is showing for @Space-Pirate .  Is it wpa transitional or is there a wpa2 option

@GD1 

I forgot to tag you. Is the sky max hub wpa transitional only and therefore the selection of security is done on the device ? Thanks

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Space-Pirate @cookiemonsteruk 

I believe at the moment there are no user accessible options for WPA level, which does seem something of an oversight (except I assume it's a conscious design choice)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Its pretty unhelpful currently, if its an over sight and  fixed in an update soon then thats ok, however I will consider moving to a different provider if this is a concious design decision. 

I need to be able to access these pretty basic settings in order to make all devices connect ok.

Anybody from Sky able to comment on this?

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Space-Pirate wrote:

Its pretty unhelpful currently, if its an over sight and  fixed in an update soon then thats ok, however I will consider moving to a different provider if this is a concious design decision. 

I need to be able to access these pretty basic settings in order to make all devices connect ok.

Anybody from Sky able to comment on this?

Hi @Space-Pirate 

I can confirm that the ability to switch to WPA2 is coming, however I can't give you a date at the moment.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the update, good to know.

Cheers

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion