Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by CM4976 This message was authored by: CM4976

Re: WiFi Max

Can you hardwire the sky pods ? Do they come with Ethernet port ? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @CM4976 apparently the pods have dual gigabit ethernet ports.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

That's ideal thanks for the reply 

move got the new wifi 6 max hub and hoping I can hard wire into a pod in my summer house to create a wifi hot spot if that makes sense 

previously I had an old sky booster hard wired but it's not compatible with wifi 6 

@CM4976 sounds like a sensible idea ethernet is always best for getting a connection to out buildings.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Space-Pirate This message was authored by: Space-Pirate

How do you access the QOS settings on the router?

Im having some PC games that are disconnecting me routinely that didnt ever have issues with the older Sky router and believe this may be a culprit.

@Space-Pirate as far as we know there are no QOS settings on any Sky hub including the new one in the Wifi Max bundle. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Space-Pirate wrote:

How do you access the QOS settings on the router?

While the new Hub (and associated cloud services) is likely to be doing more than previous models, it's basically designed to be self managing and consequently has very few user accessible settings.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

Re: Sky Max Hub - How to disable WP3?

@Space-Pirate - the wpa settings are definitely none user changable for now but interestingly mines gone the other way would prefer wpa3 but it's defaulted to wpa2.   Not sure if it had anything to do with it but mine needed a factory reset and not sure if it either pulled an updated firmware or if kicked some config process off but quite a few things settled on the hub after I did. FYI my firmwares SR213_6.3p6s1_PROD_sey

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by Space-Pirate This message was authored by: Space-Pirate

I am having an absolutely awful time with the new max hub.

Connections issues are becoming worse and worse...

Very slow connection to certain apps on phones (reddit/twitter etc) yet youtube ok?

PC connected to router via Cat 5 cant sign in to Steam?

How do you see the firmware version? Might try a factory reset just now, tried this via the web interface but will try the pin in the hole method just now.

Cheers

So I've moved to sky max hub but now can't get internet in my summer house as the old style white booster box isn't compatible with wifi 6, everything was working fine before !!! Now I can't get internet in the summer house , does anyone know if sky supply a booster box / wireless access point that is compatible with wifi 6 ?? It's hard wired into the summer house ?? 

@Space-Pirate - if you log into the web admin interface theres a tab 'Software' on the lefthand menu and you'll see something that looks like this :-

DSL Software Version:A2pvfbK048d.d28b1
Software Image Name:SR213_6.3p6s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:SR213

Have you changed any of the other setting in the router or the my-skyapp other than maybe network names and password?   Lets just say i get the feeling tweaking some of the other elements may not be as stable/simple as the previous hubs.

To me the SR213 does feel a little like a Beta product (all be it a product at the end of the cycle) or sky have seen what Vodafone have done with there Fibre-Pro 2 solution and rushed the product to market,  but thats my own opion.    This isn't the only thing like this though these days, unfortunately with the culture today of leaking things products aren't often as well tested in the open as they maybe once where (again my opinion)
Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏

@CM4976 - You can get a booster Wifi Max pod by calling support, they'll take you through some questions and then send you one (you can have up to 3 but they can only send them one at a time).   I think they have ethernet ports but I haven't got mine yet so can't say if you could do a hard wired solution like the old booster, but if the ports there it should work (but thats purely a guess).  Once my pod arrives I can tell for certain.

This message was authored by geobrad This message was authored by: geobrad

@adwarduk  how do you log into the router on a web browser?

@geobrad if you had the previous router the address and process is the same.  The passwords now the same as the Wifi password.   If you get the password wrong to many times it will lock access to the web interface for 5 mins,  (its common these days to reduce attacks on tech).   Don't change setting and things though unless you know what your doing or it can open weakness's in your network or break things totally.  90% of what most people need i.e firmware versions and the common settings round wifi are in the myskyapp.  More I reckon will get added over time I suspect.  A lot of the web interface is locked down as well so your see it greyed out as its centrally managed (again to reduce the chance of breaking things and so when people call for support they can see what the config looks like)

This message was authored by geobrad This message was authored by: geobrad

Cheers, Sorted now, but it says my firewall is a bit dodgey😀, not changed anything, am a nosey bugger

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion