Discussion topic: White light on white SkyHub but no internet

This message was authored by Bart94 This message was authored by: Bart94

White light on white SkyHub but no internet

Hi I've got problem with my SkyHub today, it was working fine until today. It still shows white light but we don't have internet on any device. PC that is connected via ethernet, WiFi devices.

I have already tried to restoring it to factory settings but whenever we want to connect with any device it's says "login to getaway" which I do (admin + WiFi password works) then on gateway page it shows that both ethernet and WiFi are ok. 

1000010814.jpg

In Diagnostic Tools > Test Connectivity Results > 

1000010815.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by bignutbrown This message was authored by: bignutbrown

Re: White light on white SkyHub but no internet

Experiencing exactly the same problem myself today. It started early in the morning around 1:30am for me. The broadband checker says there is a problem connecting to the hub but the settings of the hub tell me it is ok. Been 12 hours now.  

This message was authored by Mark+Inch This message was authored by: Mark+Inch

This is a known fault that SKY are working on. Ive had no internet for 5 days and earliest resolution is no tomorrow (Tuesday)!

This message was authored by bignutbrown This message was authored by: bignutbrown

Thanks for that. Would be good if they could put this up on their service checker instead of having people fish around wasting time trying to find out for themselves. 

Will give them a ring when I get in. Not paying for this garbage much longer if they cant sort it out. 

Bart94
Topic Author

Yeah in the Sky App it shows my hub as offline even that gateway page shows that it's all ok and there is white light on hub.

1000010817.png

Bart94
Topic Author

@bignutbrown just called sky explained what I have done to try and fix it and nothing worked, so guy said it might be a software issue on the hub, they gonna send replacement tomorrow so we will see if it fixes problem.

This message was authored by Mark+Inch This message was authored by: Mark+Inch

The Hub is the problem, seems the network update doesn't work with them. When I first contacted SKY they asked if I had my previous hub to try connecting. Bit of a strange question considering they threatened to charge me for it if I didn't return it. But it proved that they knew it's the new hubs that are the root cause of the outage.

Well that's just great. I'll try and get on to them later on then and see what they say to me too 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion