Discussion topic: Unifi UCG Ultra

This message was authored by StearsOfWar This message was authored by: StearsOfWar

Unifi UCG Ultra

I had Sky fibre installed a month ago and setup my UCG Ultra the same day, which has worked fine for the last month.  However, early this morning I lost internet dispite all the lights being green ONT.  I tried a power cycle, but still the same problem.  When I got in from work I plugged in the sky hub and broadband is working, would anyone know why the unifi router would just stop working, would sky block it from working?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Unifi UCG Ultra

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StearsOfWar one easy answer Sky dont block third party routers unless they suspect illiegal activity which I am sure isntvtge case. However as they only support their own hubs they wont be able to help.

Were you using the DHCPv6 authentication method? If so that could be the issue as Openreeach may have changed the kit in exchange which may cause that to stop working. However the alternate DHCP v4 method should still work properly.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
StearsOfWar
Topic Author
This message was authored by StearsOfWar This message was authored by: StearsOfWar

Yes, I was using DHCPv6, but also have DHCPv4 configured.  Should I just disable DHCPv6?

StearsOfWar
Topic Author

Well, I recoonected the UCG and it now works again, just can't explain why it went off and subsequent reboots didn't make a difference.  So don't what I did to get it working or how to resolve if it happens again.

As it stands I have not changed the IPv6 settings yet and the router currently only shows a DHCPv4 address under WAN.  Whatsmyip shows both an IPv4 and IPv6 address.

StearsOfWar
Topic Author

So the same thing happened again today, only way to restore the connection was to connect the sky hub, once it booted up, I then reconnected the UCG and internet was back up and running.

Really not ideal having to do this, especially if I'm away and not particulary wife friendly.  

Has anyone esle experience this or have any suggestions?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion