Discussion topic: Tv will not connect to wifi

This message was authored by Pippa+Elizabeth This message was authored by: Pippa+Elizabeth

Tv will not connect to wifi

My Samsung TV in my bedroom will not connect to sky broadband. Every other TV has connected apart from this one. I've done everything it has suggested and even rung Samsung. Who have said its an issue with my WiFi and not the TV.

I have reset the box loads, deleted the network from the TV and manually written it in. Nothing. Zilch. It will not connect at all.

Please help 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Tv will not connect to wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pippa+Elizabeth 

Is this a new tv or are you new to sky.

What wifi signal are you getting on a mobile phone, laptop etc?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Pippa+Elizabeth
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pippa+Elizabeth This message was authored by: Pippa+Elizabeth

Hi. I'm new to sky broadband. The TV has always connected to my previous broadband. 

Wifi connection on everything else works. We have phones and other tvs and laptops. It all works. Just not this tv

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Pippa+Elizabeth 

Most isp routers are not the best.  Have you used a mobile in the same room the tv in the bedroom.  What wifi signal are you getting?

You may need to think about sky booster or powerline adapters to get a signal or ethernet to the bedroom

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Pippa+Elizabeth 

If the television offers it, I'd suggest a network reset and then a WPS connection in conjunction with a WPS button press on the Sky Hub.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Pippa+Elizabeth
Topic Author

My daughter's tv is connected and she us next door. We all have full WiFi signal.in our bedrooms. It's always connected before. This is so weird 

Pippa+Elizabeth
Topic Author

Hi. Yes we have done this. Reset and used wps..and nothing has worked so far

This message was authored by Tractor+Fan This message was authored by: Tractor+Fan

My sky broadband continuously (and I mean continuously) drops out so I am having to reset the sky hub endless times a day.

I have had the open reach team out to look at the issue, they believed they fixed the issue but it hasn't worked.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you 

This message was authored by samdung This message was authored by: samdung

I'm having the same problem with my samsung tv.  Previously worked with no issue to other broadband provider.  I have tried network reset, forgetting old network, factory reset etc all fails to connect with wifi.  Every other device connects and other smart tv works.  The only way I have got this to work is hitting the WPS connection and WPS button on the hub.  But as soon as I switch off the tv it forgets the connection and have to do it again on hub and tv.  Has any body got any other ideas I can try on this?  It is doing my head in this.  Thanks

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@samdung some TVs can be a pain but try turning off the power to the TV until the power led goes out,which takes up to a minute then restarting the TV which will cause a reboot then add the Sky connection which may well stick.

if that doesnt work post the make and model of the TV and whether you have a black or white Sky hub. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Hi @Chrisee ive tried that multiple times with no joy unfortunately.  I have also tried changing the WPA3-T Security settings to WPA2 with no success, as well as trying to connect with WPS pin method.  I have reset the tv multiple times to factory settings and forgot all networks but again same result.  I've also tried to switch off the smart features when it restarts on same app.

It is a white sky hub and the TV is a samsung 5 32 inch.  Any help or new direction you can siggest will be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks again 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@samdung you appear to have fone ebrything I can think of so I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye onnthe forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

Sky have engineers who work with equipment makers like Samsung so hopefully they have some ideas.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @samdung.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Prestbury7 This message was authored by: Prestbury7

Hi @samdung , I am having exactly the same issue with my white sky router and 32 inch Samsung tv in my bedroom. Every other device connects perfectly, but this only connects via WPS, but it drops out every time I turn the TV off. 

did Sky fix your issue, please could you share the solution? 

thanks! 

Hey @Prestbury7 unfortuntaley not really from Sky since they say it is a fault with Samsung product and not Sky.  They said 

"There are lots of posts on Samsung Online Forums regarding this exact issue and it's not just Sky Broadband, it's all different providers and different routers/setups. No we can't investigate a specific connection on your wifi, we can only look into Sky products on your network such as Sky Q boxes. We can't see any information regarding third-party devices on your network. From what i have seen on those forums it seems to be a network issue with their firmware and it requires altering the settings. I would recommend looking on the Samsung forums for more advice on what settings need updating or try asking Samsung Support for specific instructions on what needs changing as i would imagine it's something they are aware of. We can only assist/troubleshoot Sky Products as that is what we are trained on. If it's a specific third-party device that is having an issue then you would need to speak with that manufacturer for further assistance which in this case would be Samsung."

So Sky essentially saying raise it with Samsung.  I've searched the Samsung forums and I cant find a solution I have not tried yet that works for my tv.  Firmware is up to date on my tv and I have tried a lot of different options now.  The tv worked perfectly fine on previous broadband provider is my only gripe.  At one stage I thought by switching the autorun last app feature and autorun smarthub feature off worked for a while so you could try that and see if you have any luck.  I'll raise a ticket with Samsung when I get the chance and keep you updated if I get it working but this has been an utter pain for me.  Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion