Discussion topic: Tv will not connect to wifi

This message was authored by HiHowAreYa This message was authored by: HiHowAreYa

Re: Tv will not connect to wifi

Hi,

Look down the list of options, to see if you have a option called CHANNEL BANDWIDTH.

A lot of TV's only support channel bandwidth 20, if it's set on 20/40 the old TVs won't connect.

Most people's phones are fairly modern and have the latest technology.

This message was authored by samdung This message was authored by: samdung

Hi @HiHowAreYa thanlks for that.  On 2.4ghz (which is what it connects to the tv at) its set to 20 and on 5ghz its set to 20/40/80.  Those options looks all grayed out so not sure if they can even be changed.  Should I try to adjust the channel bandwidth on here or leave it?  thanks 

This message was authored by samdung This message was authored by: samdung

@Prestbury7 I finally got this to work for myself after spending many hours of trial and error.  I hav e tried these solutions seperately and they didnt work, only in conjunction and this order that it worked for me.

1).  Found on Reddit some people with same problem choose to "Enter Manually" the IP settings Settings>General>Network>Network Status> IP Settings .  You have to find the numbers first when tv is connected (take a photo as reference), and enter what you see except "DNS Setting" enter 8.8.8.8

It failed to connect but then I connected via WPS and you should see it keeps that 8.8.8.8 settings.

2).  Now whilst still connected I went onto My Sky app and changed the security level settings to WPA2.

3).  It will disconnect as the security settings change.  This is fine, just connect via WPS again and this time it should save the network.  I now see it on my saved network previoiusly it was not and everytime I switched off tv and/or disconnected from a device to the tv it will ask me to connect again and not accept my wifi password.

I'm not saying this will work for you but these steps did it for me after too many attempts to count.  Complete waste of my time this but better than binning the tv I guess.  All good for about a week now.  Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion