Discussion topic: Switching from another provider

This message was authored by giorgapost This message was authored by: giorgapost

Switching from another provider

Hello,

my contract with my previous broadband provider expires on 1st of August. When should I apply for Sky broadband, so that I switch provider around that date?

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Switching from another provider

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@giorgapost  Most broadband switch take a minimum of 10 working days to complete if they are on the Openreach Network

There are exceptions to this.

If your with an Altnet such as Virgin Media, Community Fibre, City Fibre etc then these use their own networks and moving to Sky broadband would mean a new line/service on the Openreach network.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@giorgapost  Most broadband switch take a minimum of 10 working days to complete if they are on the Openreach Network

There are exceptions to this.

If your with an Altnet such as Virgin Media, Community Fibre, City Fibre etc then these use their own networks and moving to Sky broadband would mean a new line/service on the Openreach network.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@giorgapost  If you have already paid for the last month of your broadband contract I would make sure that you change over before the next billing period so that you are not charged for 2 broadband services.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion