Discussion topic: Software updates on my router, my phone lights stays orange which stop my wifi.

This message was authored by Ross853 This message was authored by: Ross853

Software updates on my router, my phone lights stays orange which stop my wifi.

Why does my router phone light stay orange after software updates, leaving me with no WiFi, I had to turn my router off to rest.

I had a new router fitted on the 25 September and was told this would happen only once in the next couple of weeks after a update, which was 30th September well its happen again last night 4th October, can anybody explain why and is there a simple solution, Thank you.

Barry

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Software updates on my router, my phone lights stays orange which stop my wifi.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ross853 

Hub firmware updates are rare: given your is now likely to be on the current release, if similar symptoms occur then it's for some other reason.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Software updates on my router, my phone lights stays orange which stop my wifi.

@Ross853 

It's not possible to stop Hub firmware updates arriving: you may just have been unlucky with the release of a new version happening shortly after the update of your Hub from its factory release to the then current one.

Ross853
Topic Author

They did tell this would happen, which excepted with the new router, which was also the problem with the old router, our offend do they update, this was the secoun up date in 4 days, thanks for your reply.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Ross853 

Hub firmware updates are rare: given your is now likely to be on the current release, if similar symptoms occur then it's for some other reason.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ross853 

For information: current firmware versions are listed here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/automatic-software-updates-for-sky-routers 

Ross853
Topic Author

Just to let you know it happened again on the 7th October, yellow light on router, lets hope its the last time or phone call to sky and a long waiting time.

Ross853
Topic Author

Just for reference, Router dicconnected 5th Nov turn off and turn on re-connected now, why has this problem never been solved.

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

@Ross853 wrote:

Why does my router phone light stay orange after software updates, leaving me with no WiFi, I had to turn my router off to rest.

I had a new router fitted on the 25 September and was told this would happen only once in the next couple of weeks after a update, which was 30th September well its happen again last night 4th October, can anybody explain why and is there a simple solution, Thank you.

Barry

How do you know its firmware updates causing this?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion