Discussion topic: How to upgrade to new Sky Max Hub??

This message was authored by Dc328 This message was authored by: Dc328

How to upgrade to new Sky Max Hub??

How do I go about asking for an equipment upgrade? I already have gigafast internet but do not have the sky max hub. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How to upgrade to new Sky Max Hub??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dc328 you should be able to order the upgrade online through the My Sky app or by calling Sky. You will be commiting yourself to a 18 month contract at an additional £7.50 per month (down from £10 ) and by default you only get the hub which is wifi 6 but in my experience has similar range to the standard SR203 Sky hub.

If you need an extender you call Sky who will send out a single pod unit. If you need up to 2 additional pods to get the minimum 25Mb/s in every room an engineer has to come out and agree you need them. The pods are actually only wifi 5.

Personally I found for similar price of the first contract I could get faster speeds through out my home with a third party system which cost me nothing more after the purchase price but YMMV.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Chrisee Any news on Wifi Max with Sky Q?

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TechmanagerMal nothing officially announced as yet as far as we have been told.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion