Discussion topic: Sky compatible routers

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky compatible routers

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Highlinder 

In the Republic of Ireland it would appear vlanid= 10 is required for fttp . Its 101 in the uk for fttc and disabled for fttp 👍

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cookiemonsteruk  I had seen both about and was not too sure if it was one or the other.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by CN4382 This message was authored by: CN4382

When you folks say that the username/pw for PPPoE in RoI is "anything @skydsl.com and anything am I correct in that it's anything in that I could put crocodile @skydsl.com and alligator and it would work? 

Or does it have to be specifically anything and anything? Was always a bit confused when reading that. 

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@CN4382 

The interpretation is correct, anything you like in those fields marked 'anything'.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by CN4382 This message was authored by: CN4382

Hi chaps,

@mae-3 @cookiemonsteruk so I just recently got my Asus AX6600 XT8 and tried to get it working with my sky fibre. 

During setup I chose pppoe and put in my 'anything@skydsl|anything' and where it asked for special ISP requirements I put in 10 for vlan.

Now I was doing all of this through the ASUS app and it set up the network and all that but it's not connecting to the internet. I turned everything off for 30 minutes included the ONT. 

any ideas?

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@CN4382 

The PPPoE details are user 'anything@skydsl' and password 'anything', eg: the pipe '|' symbol isn't required.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion