Discussion topic: Sky Broadband Hub - Firmware Update?

This message was authored by Temp2123454333 This message was authored by: Temp2123454333

Sky Broadband Hub - Firmware Update?

Hi, Sky Community.

Firstly, how often are the Sky Broadband Hub Firmware Updates? Also, I am currently facing many Sky Broadband Issues, since 23/02/2022 till present where my internet will go in and out such as 1 min active 5 mins inactive 24/7 for the last 4 weeks, 4 customer support calls and 2 engineer visits but they don't have a clue. 

As we live in this modern technological age the use of active internet connection is a must for both work and education, where having these issues is totally wrong and that we have to pay in full every month for this poor service! 

However, going back to my original point, my current Sky Broadband Hub Firmware Update Version is - 5.14.2424.R: Whereas the listed recent Firmware Update Version is - 7.01.0902.R: Is there any way to update to this version as it may be a potential reason for my issues? 

I also must add that when i had the recent engineer visit he mentioned that there is currently a Software Bug that shows all 3 green lights (except voice which makes it 4) but no active internet connection?

Thank you!

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Sky Broadband Hub - Firmware Update?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Temp2123454333 

The latest version has only recently started rolling out and wont reach all hubs right away. Once Sky are ready to update your hub it will happen automatically overnight.

As for your issues, if you post your router stats we can take a look

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Hi @Temp2123454333 

The latest version has only recently started rolling out and wont reach all hubs right away. Once Sky are ready to update your hub it will happen automatically overnight.

As for your issues, if you post your router stats we can take a look

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Mr+Ramsden This message was authored by: Mr+Ramsden

I've had 2 updates this week. One over night on Tiesday to 7.01.0902.R and then this morning at 5:55 (which rudely interupted listening to the news whilst i ate breakfast) to 7.01.0902.RM 

Anyone have any ideas whats in the release ? I'm assuming its fairly hefty as its skipped a whole major versioin going from 5.xxxx to 7.xxxxx

I'm hoping it  may fix the ongoing issues i have with DHCP on the wan side since a fibre upgrade.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Mr+Ramsden 

Early reports suggest there isnt really any changes are Sky are just restructuring the firmware numbering

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Temp2123454333 wrote:

As we live in this modern technological age the use of active internet connection is a must for both work and education, where having these issues is totally wrong and that we have to pay in full every month for this poor service! 

Very true, and if only our Edwardian forebears had invented it we'd have a hundred-year legacy of development, rather than 'critical' services which no-one had heard of a decade ago bodged on top of a system which was only ever intended for discussing Star Trek on bulletin boards / launching World War 3 (take your pick, depending on which version of the history of the internet you prefer)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mr+Ramsden This message was authored by: Mr+Ramsden

Thats a real shame then 😞 

Strange they are tinkering with firmware versions like that its a huge jump, especially as tehy don't appear to have an across the board version numbering system 

I'll go with the inerconnection of eduction facilities to allow sharing of resources if you don't mind (i'll ignore the military bit for convienence). I could wax lyrical about the advances in last 30 years, from being amazed at getting live football scores by dialling into BT's Hostess service over X25 through Seeing my first web page to what we have today. 

I do remeber a BT engineer confidently telling me that he could foree no time when the 28K leased line he was installing would be too slow, and we ran 256 concurrent sessions over that.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mr+Ramsden wrote:

I'll go with the inerconnection of eduction facilities to allow sharing of resources if you don't mind

In that context, don't forget romance ; )

Cisco_Advanced_Gateway_Server_(AGS)_router_(1986)_-_Computer_History_Museum.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Temp2123454333
Topic Author
This message was authored by Temp2123454333 This message was authored by: Temp2123454333

Hi, @jamesn123. Here is the requested Sky Broadband Router Stats ->

Screenshot (507).png

@Temp2123454333 

Your stats show that your WiFi radios have been restarted since the hub started up. Have you been changing the WiFi channel manually at all?

If you havent then it looks like you have a faulty router

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Temp2123454333
Topic Author

Hi, @jamesn123.

I have not been resetting the channels manually, the only time the Sky Broadband Router has been restarted/turned off is either by Sky Customer Support via the phone as instructed or electricity has gone out, which both have not been done in the following week.

Would it be better for me to mention to Sky Customer Support via the phone about the potential Faulty Router?

Temp2123454333
Topic Author

Sky Broadband Hub - Master Socket Connection?

Hi, Sky Community.

I am currently facing many Sky Broadband Issues, since 23/02/2022 till present where my internet will go in and out such as 1 min active 5 mins inactive 24/7 for the last 6 weeks, 6 customer support calls and 3 engineer visits but they don't have a clue. 

However, we have just had the thought of when the 1st engineer came they replaced the Master Socket but it has since become loose and we think the wiring when it was replaced was not correctly done, which could be causing this issue?

I also must add that when i had the recent engineer visit he mentioned that there is currently a Software Bug that shows all 3 green lights (except voice which makes it 4) but no active internet connection, but they state with the recent release of - 7.01.0902.R they state it has been fixed which it seems it hasn't?

Thank you!

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Broadband Hub - Master Socket Connection?

@Temp2123454333  I've merged your new thread with your existing one as the forum has been helping you already as recently as a few hours ago.  Another thread isn't required.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Broadband Hub - Connectivity Issues?

@Temp2123454333 I've removed all your duplicate threads.  3 so far.

If you don't receive a reply straight away then you need to wait until some one replies.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Re: Sky Broadband Hub - Master Socket Connection?

@Temp2123454333 

I suggest you call.

I am NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion