Discussion topic: SKY Wifi Booster - failed

This message was authored by HCP1234 This message was authored by: HCP1234

SKY Wifi Booster - failed

We have two sky boosters that provide TV and WIFI round the house, at 8.30 last night these both failed. Green light, Red Light, Green Light, even when placed next to the Sky Hub.

I have an engineer booked for 31st Dec, but I do not want to spend Christmas without Wifi (1st world Problem I know). Tech support think it is the Hub that has a fault as both boosters are showing the same fault.

Anyone else got this problem? Did Sky roll out a patch last night that has broken everything?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: SKY Wifi Booster - failed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HCP1234 Sky certainly did not send out a patch last night as they paused any updates until after New Year late last week. Not sure why both boosters failed at the same time but I would reboot your hub if you havent already done so 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

I posted on 18th dec with detail update for when my booster was re-updated.

Look at the post.

Everything was fine, update was no issue, so no problems.

Did you try to re pair the boosters with the wps when you moved them close to the Hub?

Jimm1

HCP1234
Topic Author

I have rebooted everything still had an issue, seems to have resolved itself this afternoon but I would still like to know why everything failed though. 

HCP1234
Topic Author

Everything has been rebooted

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@HCP1234 @Chrisee 

I keep an eye on both my booster and router, because of a previous issue which took a long time to get resolved. To this effect i keep the time synced between both so any issue can be looked at.

The booster i did not expect to have the FW updated as it HAD been rolled back by sky because of

other customer issues, so was surprised when it was updated and that was why i posted.

Did not see any issues because of the update, but i synced both router/booster so i can watch.

You may never know the reason why but glad it is working for you again.

Give it a couple of days incase, but please do remember your engineer booking as other customers may benefit from that appointment.

Jim

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion