Discussion topic: Need to know which UDP Ports are open on home router and add extra if not supported

This message was authored by Moya4 This message was authored by: Moya4

Need to know which UDP Ports are open on home router and add extra if not supported

Hi! Have a device for work that is not working on broadband. Work IT Support has asked me to check that specific UDP Ports are open. Is there someone I can talk to to check this please? 40 mins on phone with Sky Broadband Support got me nowhere.  

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Need to know which UDP Ports are open on home router and add extra if not supported

@Moya4 

Generally speaking, all ports are open outgoing and only those you port forward receive traffic unless invited in by an outgoing connection.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Moya4
Topic Author

Re: Need to know which UDP Ports are open on home router and add extra if not supported

OK Great, thank you. And I should only need to follow this process to port forward on the one relevant device for it to work? 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-set-up-port-forwarding/ba-p/2662260 

@Moya4 

That is the correct document for doing port forwarding to a LAN device and inviting the traffic into your LAN network.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Moya4
Topic Author

Thanks again! Is there a document for non-LAN devices?

@Moya4 

You don't need to do anything for an internet WAN device the traffic is allowed outgoing by default.

-------

@Moya4 

Just remember for everything to be allowed out don't block the traffic DNS-wise with Sky broadband shield. There is a document on adjusting the Sky broadband shield on the Sky site.

-------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion