Discussion topic: SIRO/Broadband Issues - Dublin

This message was authored by GavinF1 This message was authored by: GavinF1

SIRO/Broadband Issues - Dublin

Hi All

Sky stream customer and recently signed up to fibre BB via SIRO from SKY as eventually in my area. I am based in North County Dublin. Only have it 3 weeks and to date its been down for a full day the week before last and again today. Unable to work and when I callled " Its down in your area, and the engineers are working" " should be back in 24 hrs"

Surely this isnt a regular thing is it? Cannot be sustainable. My old provider albeit that powerful done the trick and was never down ( appreciate it wasnt fibre)

Any feedback is appreciated as we're probably going to have to cancel it at this stage. Hoping its really bad timing from our end.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: SIRO/Broadband Issues - Dublin

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GavinF1 wrote:

My old provider albeit that powerful done the trick and was never down ( appreciate it wasnt fibre)

Any feedback is appreciated as we're probably going to have to cancel it at this stage.

I don't know if the Republic is following the same route as the UK (I suspect it is) but here there's no mechanism to go back to a copper connection once full fibre is in place at an address.  Changing provider  is possible, but metallic circuits are finally on the way out after more than a century.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: SIRO/Broadband Issues - Dublin

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GavinF1 

Its possible you've just got unlucky with maintenance or faults. FTTP is a newly installed technology for residential premises in the UK & Ireland so will likely be subject to more frequent outages while these installs take place & the infrastructure matures.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion