Discussion topic: Router username and password?

This message was authored by Les0999 This message was authored by: Les0999

Router username and password?

I can access the summary status page for my router, but any other links from this page ask for a username and password.

The 'connection card' that came with the router has the wifi password and and 8 character pin, but no clues about how to access the router settings.

Any ideas? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Router username and password?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Les0999 

Username    admin

Password      sky or 12 character case sensitive wifi password

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Les0999 

Username    admin

Password      sky or 12 character case sensitive wifi password

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by sammiesam This message was authored by: sammiesam

I have had to reset my router. I am now trying to put my personal login details and password back in however I encounter a problem saying connection not private so I can't login using the details on the router . Can you please advise me what to do. I have searched the internet and it says it's down to certificate error from the website 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Les0999 

You are accessing the router from inside your on network . No usernames or passwords are leaked onto the wider network. It is safe to continue 

This message was authored by sammiesam This message was authored by: sammiesam

All of my security cameras are linked to the router with my own name and password that I had set up. That means having to reconfigure everything in the house. If I could acces the router to change it to my personal settings it would be easier but I can't login using sky details on the router 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@sammiesam 

Router login details are;

Username: admin

Password: sky OR your default WiFi password printed on the hub

Make sure you are not using an apple device/safari to login. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Alan+T48 This message was authored by: Alan+T48

Like so amny others I need to access the router settings to split the channels (2.4 and 5) to connect some Techin smart plugs. (What annoys me is that they have previously been connected & I dont recall splitting te channels).

So - I have followed the steps here but when I put in the USER 'admin' (without the quote marks) and then input the Password for the system (ten letters all CAPS), it wont log me in!  

My router is the upright SKY  type (not Q - although I do have Q) & I am trying to log in on a Windows 10 PC with Google Chrome & I have tried vis MS Edge also.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Alan+T48 the. SKy Broadband Hubs I have used had wifi passwords with 12 mixed lower and upper case letters you arent tryingto use the SSID which has 10 upper case letters and starts SKY by an chance?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

hI @Chrissee - I've been using the password that is used to log into my network (the one that I give to somebody new who needs access to the network)  - 10 letters - all caps. 

While there is a 'password' containing mixed upper & lower case letters plus some numbers on the back of the router this seems to relate to an old WiFi name , that I think I changed many years ago to the previous name to save having to reconnect all my devices. Nevertheless I did use that old password - but to no avail!

Both Wifi names start with SKY. I can only assume that I also changed the password to the previous one also - (it was soooo long ago!)

Hi @Chrisee  - oops, please see my post above (put the wrong tag in!!)

@Alan+T48 if you changed the wifi password you should becable to see it by using a networked device typing 192.168.0.1 into a browser when the interface loads click on wifi and you will be required to log in the username admin and the wifi pasword on the label (that did not change with the wifi pssword) and youbshould see the code you entered.

If absolutely stuck reet the hub by pressing the reset pin until the poer led flashes then release which returns the hub to the values on your hub's label.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee - THANKS!! I thought I had tried that combo, but seems not. So I can now get into the router settings.

All I need now is the link to the post of yours that sets out how to split the channels!  

Thanks in anticipation.

@Alan+T48 see Split Sky WiFi bands

This message was authored by DiDid This message was authored by: DiDid

Ok but how do you bypass the 'your connection to this page is not private' issue, I put in username and password but it just flashes up blank and will not let me access anything other than status page?  I have even phoned sky who have arranged an engineer visit but I don't hold out much hope as nothing else I have tried has worked either?

Di

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion